Saturday, December 16, 2017

Give Me A Reason

What happened lately...


Please tell me that as much as we all love Christmas decor post, you wouldn't mind a change for a few minute read... Because I have nothing Christmas related to share today. What? I've been away for so long and have not decorated for Christmas yet? Do I really want to be banished from blogland??? Let me give you a reason or two (or five) for this.


J'espère que, même si on adore voir de beaux décors de Noël, cela vous dit de lire un article qui change un peu... Car je n'ai rien à vous montrer sur Noël aujourd'hui. Quoi ? Pas d'article depuis des semaines et en plus, pas de décor de Noël ? Je me demande si on ne va pas m'enlever le titre de blogueuse.  Laissez-moi vous donner une raison ou deux (ou cinq) de cette situation.



November and December so far have been awfully busy...

Novembre et début décembre ont été très chargés...

1. The Latin classes I agreed to teach (what was I thinking?) are basically eating big chunks of my time to prepare.

1. Les cours de latin que j'ai accepté d'assurer (mais qu'est-ce qui m'a pris? ) me mangent de grosses parts de mon temps.

 
2. November is the month of parent nights in the new school I work in... One night for each level you teach in... And I teach in three different levels. When this is over, the staff meetings begin and they always take place in the evening. One for each group you teach to... And I teach to seven different groups... That made a lot of evenings when I came back to Cottage at 8 pm or later... Greeted each time by three or four hungry cats.

2. Novembre, c'est le mois des réunions parents-profs dans le nouveau collège où je travaille. Une soirée par niveau et j'enseigne sur trois niveaux... Dès que ça se termine, on enchaîne avec les conseils de classe... Avec les groupes de latin, j'enseigne donc à sept classes différentes... Cela fait donc beaucoup de soirs  où je suis rentrée au Cottage à 8 heures ou plus, attendue de pattes fermes par trois ou quatre chats... 


3. I tried to enhance the way I help pupils for writing activities... It worked great, but all of the sudden I had 60 papers to grade and every child had written two pages... Obviously, I was happy that I had no more pupils giving back a blank paper... But it took me two whole weekends to read and grade...

3. J'ai eu l'idée d'améliorer mon guidage pour les exercices d'écriture de mes élèves. Cela a bien fonctionné, mais du coup, je me suis retrouvée avec 60 rédactions de deux pages à corriger. Je suis bien sûr ravie de ne plus avoir de copie blanche ou de copie de quelques lignes, mais cela m'a pris deux week-ends entiers à corriger...

 
4. My computer isn't feeling well. It's very slow and sometimes stops dead in its tracks and nothing can be done except turning it off and waiting for a little while. I need to take care of it, but not until the school break because I need my computer to work, all my lessons are on it. You wouldn't believe the time it took me to mark the pictures, upload them and write that post... I hope it proves I'm devoted to you!!!

4. Mon ordinateur n'est pas en forme. Il est très lent et parfois tout se bloque et il n'y a rien d'autre à faire que de l'éteindre et d'attendre un peu. Il faut que je m'en occupe, mais je ne peux pas l'immobiliser avant les vacances car j'en ai besoin pour travailler. Tous mes cours sont dessus ! Je ne vous dis même pas combien de temps il m'a fallu pour marquer ces quelques photos, les télécharger et écrire cet article... Au moins, j'espère que cela prouve combien je vous suis dévouée !


5. I decided to go back studying. Actually I never thought I would stop, but, life got in the way, I stopped for one year... that soon became 15 or so... I haven't applied at university officially yet, but I hope to do so next year and I've begun reading books from the list the university gives on its website and listening to classes that are filmed. 

5. J'ai décidé de reprendre mes études. En fait, je ne pensais pas les arrêter quand j'étais jeune, mais la vie s'interpose, on s'arrête pour une année et soudain, on est quinze ans plus tard ! Je ne suis pas encore inscrite officiellement à l'université (j'attends pour cela de voir ce que me réserve le boulot pour l'an prochain), mais j'ai déjà commencé à travailler grâce à la bibliographie mise en ligne par l'université et grâce à des cours filmés trouvés au hasard d'Internet.


Days are very short this time of year in Brittany, so not much is done to improve Cottage, but I've sold a few more items that were in the living-room in order to give it a new look when spring comes. The old sofa on which the cats can be seen on the first picture isn't there anymore... It looks a little bare for now...

Les jours sont très courts en Bretagne à cette époque de l'année et il est donc difficile de travailler à la déco, mais j'ai encore vendu quelques trucs du salon de façon à pouvoir lui donner un nouvel aspect au printemps. Le vieux canapé sur lequel on voit les chats sur la première photo n'est plus là. Cela fait un peu vide pour l'instant...

 
The weather has been rather nightmarish with lots of storms... So the cats are sleeping in a lot and we have rainbows several times a day... It's just hard to get motivated to do something when all the felines of the home are sleeping and making it look so good!

La météo n'a pas été clémente, beaucoup de tempêtes d'hiver... Les chats passent le plus clair de leur temps à dormir et  on peut voir plusieurs arcs-en-ciel par jour... C'est difficile de trouver la motivation pour se mettre au travail quand il y a un chat qui dort dans chaque coin de la maison !

 
This weather also means that the cats can't decide if they'd rather be out or in... And apparently they aren't big on ecology and they can't grasp the concept of closing the windows while heating the Cottage...

Cette météo rend les chats très indécis et ils ne savent jamais s'ils préfèrent rester dedans ou sortir... Apparemment, ils n'y comprennent rien à l'écologie et ne maîtrisent pas le concept de fermer les fenêtres quand on chauffe le Cottage...

Des infos croustillantes, des faits intéressants et des anecdotes dans de nombreux domaines de connaissance (sciences, technologie, biologie, société, etc). Grâce à l'ampoule de notre page, brillez en société !

I hope this post made you feel very organised about your Christmas decor!

J'espère au moins qu'après la lecture de cet article, vous vous sentez super organisé par rapport à moi quant à votre déco de Noël !

See you next time,

A la prochaine fois,

Hasta la proxima,

 

46 comments:

  1. Just put a red bow on their heads and walaaaa....there you go! You sound like a really great teacher impacted lots of kids! That's amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As long as things are organized to the satisfaction of the casts you should be ok.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to hear from you, Magali! You have been one busy woman. Christmas decorating is over-rated. ;-) Think of it this way: now you won't have to clean up and pack everything away once Christmas is over! Your cats are so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so good to hear from you, dear Magali! And oh, how cute are your cats!

    You have indeed been busy, my friend. I truly hope your computer continues to work until you're able to get a new one. Mine did that back in the summer...my hard drive was going.

    Have a blessed Christmas, sweet lady! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Merci pour ce post !
    Les photos sont superbes !
    Félicitations pour la reprise de vos études ! Vous êtes admirables d’avoir repris le latin, mais la fac… Chapeau ! Bon courage pour la dernière semaine de cours et … bonnes vacances !!
    Joyeux Noël !

    ReplyDelete
  6. nice to hear you are alive and well - might be a bit tired of school I think and you are ready for a Xmas break - put up a xmas wreath with a bright red bow - merry christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the pictures of the kitties, especially the one in the bed. They sure like to sleep and be cozy when the weather is chilly. You've been extremely busy Teaching and now going back to study. You take good care of yourself, eat right and rest when you can. Have a Merry Christmas and if we don't hear from you before the New Year, Happy New Year Magali! Kathleen in Az

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cats let me sleep in until 8am today, which is very rare and I took it as an early Christmas gift from them! Have a nice and joyful Christmas!

      Delete
  8. OMG!! you've so much energy.. almost all the the you stay buried in the table.. All the beast for your further study....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know if I'll ever get a new degree, but at least, it's very intersting to study again!

      Delete
  9. I am ready your blog for a long time and I love it. You are one bussy woman. But everything comes too an end. And the Christmas decoration. Just buy a bing bouquet of Christmas flowers and ready you are. And you can enjoy them for the Christmas hollidays and throw them away after Christmas.
    Wishing you a Merry Christmas and a Happy new year.
    Greetings from the Netherlands.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Wilhelmina for this comment. I like to know that I have readers in many countries. I'm wondering is the fire roaring in the stove counts for Christmas decor? Vrolijk Kerstfeest!

      Delete
  10. Tu as bien du courage en effet... mais il faut dire que tu es bien encouragée par tes chats, non ? Je te souhaite un joyeux Noël bien calme sans stress, pour changer. Bises

    ReplyDelete
  11. I went back to university at age 34, so it can be done. You will find new adventures and I know you will work hard!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Je n'ai plus qu'à me joindre aux autres visiteuses pour te souhaiter bon courage et surtout de belles fêtes de fin d'année
    Bon dimanche

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bonnes fêtes de fin d'année et bon courage pour les travaux !

      Delete
  13. I'm just surprised at all the meetings you are required to attend after school hours. I hope that's a rare thing.

    I hope you get a wonderful 2 weeks off to spend with the cats and your cottage. I know you enjoy time at home.

    And, good luck with school.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You sound like a wonderful teacher who invests much more than just classroom time -- real dedication! Congratulations on continuing your education -- so many things to learn! Your pictures are wonderful -- I love them all! And last, Merry Christmas to you! Always love your posts, even if they are devoid of the current seasonal decor!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like my job and my pupils this year are very rewarding as they really like to learn, most of them anyway! Merry Christmas to you!

      Delete
  15. Magali you are my hero to be a teacher. Teachers are the hardest working people I know for very little money. You are shaping these young peoples lives and I give you lots of credit for doing all you do to help them. Hey you do not need a million Christmas decorations to have a beautiful Christmas. Love seeing your fur babies relaxing and enjoy life. Have a great week as we head on down to the big day.
    Hugs,
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  16. I agree that you are a stellar teacher. In the long run, what is more important? The teaching, of course!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm just an average teacher, trying hard. But I have to agree with you teaching comes before decorating!

      Delete
  17. Just do what you need to do,your cats look healthy and happy and that's good and take care of yourself, we'll survive until next time, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to rush one cat to the vet yesterday morning, which meant grocery shopping in the afternoon one week away from Christmas... Quite nightmarish, but I survived!!! Merry Christmas to you!

      Delete
  18. Your cats are truly adorable! Thank you for being devoted to us!! Gorgeous rainbow!! Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  19. The kitty's sure like their sleep time. All are so pretty.

    Sounds like you are so busy at school. Isn't that rewarding that your students are doing so well, they must love you.

    Take care of yourself and have a wonderful Christmas.

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the cat photos! Hang in there. It will get easier...but 60 students is a lot to handle!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I am so impressed that you know Latin! It is truly thrilling that you are going to return to the classroom. May your and your delightful furry friends have a lovely Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  22. J'aimerais bien être un chat qui habite chez toi, la vie a l'air d'y être très douce.
    Je détestais le latin et pensais même qu'il n'était plus enseigné, quel courage.
    Je te souhaite de très bonnes Fêtes.
    Caresses aux chats. Bisous. Babette

    ReplyDelete
  23. Let's face it, Magali, often life just gets in the way of blogging! As much as I'd love to post more than once per week, it has been a struggle lately, that's for sure! And when work gets crazy like yours is, it can be even less than that! Merry Christmas to you and all your Kitties!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I am so impressed with how you manage to balance it all . Teachers are truly hero's. Your home is so lovely and your cats so beautiful . I don't follow Xmas so don't care about Xmas decor not to worry. A very Happy Xmas to you and yours

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had so much work before the holidays... I'm on a break and it's already Christmas, so I decided that what Cottage needed was a good cleaning rather than adding some decorations! My best wishes for the year to come.

      Delete
  25. I think you have made your case quite thoroughly, Magali! I hope you get to relax over the holidays. Your sky pictures are beautiful, and of course, the kitties always make for good subjects!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Sounds too much like hard work to me, Magali. I don't know how some people manage to be so beautifully organised and, quite frankly, I get very cross about it :-) It is chaos in the ABAB household, largely due to a 'quick' room makeover that began in early November. I think at this point "Ho! Ho! Ho!" would be appropriate... Merry Christmas! x

    ReplyDelete
  27. que ces vacances de fin d'année vous permettent de profiter d'une pause bien méritée - les cours, les corrections et la rénovation ne vous oublieront pas en 2018 ! monique59

    ReplyDelete
  28. No, I won't melt away and die because you don't have any Christmas decorations...funny though. Sounds like you have been working really hard with so many hours. I hope you can get a bit of relazing in over the holiday.. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Merry Christmas to you and your fur babies!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  30. Merry Christmas Magali! Your kittens looks lovely and cozy!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hi Magali,

    Don't feel so bad about not decking the halls for Christmas, my goodness, you have a life! I have not had time to blog as regularly as I did in two years real life comes first!

    Always love seeing your kitties model your maison; they make it look even cozier!

    Good luck with your new class. I started taking Italian lessons in the fall, and after being a private English tutor for twenty five years, I can honestly say that being a student is harder, especially at my age!

    Merry Christmas to you and your kitties!

    Poppy

    ReplyDelete
  32. Merry Christmas Magali. You are one busy busy lady! Hope your New Year is the best yet!

    ReplyDelete
  33. I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and perhaps a little rest. :)

    ReplyDelete
  34. You don't have to decorate for Christmas in order to get me to read your post. I enjoy whatever you share. I've been missing from blogland for weeks, and I do understand how life gets busy and demands our time. You have a lot on your plate. Hope 2018 is not quite so hectic for you. xo

    ReplyDelete
  35. Magali tus fotos me encantan y me hacen sonreir y me alegran mucho, gracias por eso y por pensar en nosotros que tengas un feliz y prospero 2018 besos a los gatitos.Hasta la proxima amiga :)
    nelly

    ReplyDelete

It makes me so happy to read your comments! Let me know you stopped by!
J'adore lire vos commentaires. N'hésitez pas à vous joindre à cette discussion multi-lingue.