Sunday, April 22, 2018

Cottage Living-Room For Now Reveal



I began writing this post nearly a month ago. I saved it as a draft and thought I would finish writing it the next day as I usually do... And then something came up all the time and I kept telling myself "I'll write tomorrow" every evening... Don't be alarmed nothing serious happened, but throw in a few family problems, some work emergencies and a huge work/friend catastrophe, two sick cats and the according vet visits, a sudden medicine shortage (with all that was happening I forgot to order it in advance as I usually do)... Well a month went by and the post was never done...


J'ai commencé à écrire cet article il y a près d'un mois. Je l'ai sauvegardé en brouillon pensant le finir le lendemain comme je le fais souvent... Et puis, chaque jour il se passait quelque chose et je me disais "ce n'est pas grave, je m'en occupe demain"... Ne paniquez pas, rien de bien sérieux, mais saupoudrez mon mois de quelques problèmes familiaux, de beaucoup de réunions au travail, d'une catastrophe qui a touché en même temps mon boulot et une amitié, de deux chats malades (et les visites chez le vétérinaire qui vont avec) et vous comprenez pourquoi le mois a passé sans que je ne m'en aperçoive...


When I began writing this post, I was complaining about the cold and showing off how comfortable the living-room now was on those cold days...

Quand j'avais commencé à écrire cet article, je me plaignais du froid et je me vantais un peu du confort de mon salon avec ces basses températures extérieures...

Except we're experiencing July-like weather this week-end... Our little town, known for its mild temperature, has broken its own record for high temperature in April with more than 80°F (when 60°F is considered high at this time of year).


Mais en fait, ce week-end bat tous les records de chaleur. Mon petit coin de Bretagne connu plutôt pour ses températures fraîches a dépassé les 26°C cette semaine alors qu'habituellement, on est content avec un bon 15°C à cette époque.

 
Talking about the weather seemed like a good way to rekindle a relationship with my readers (I bet my 12.5% of English blood is showing a little here). Anyway, I do hope we can do as if this gap in the blog never happened... You know, just like good friends meet again after not seeing each others for ages...


 Parler de la météo semble un bon moyen de reprendre en douceur une relation avec mes lecteurs (mes ancêtres anglais ont dû me souffler cette idée...) J'espère que l'on peut faire comme si ce "trou" n'existait pas, un peu comme des amis qui se retrouvent après s'être un peu perdus de vue.

Oh, and by the way, I can still brag about how comfortable the living-room is... Because of its stone walls, it stays very cool during warm days!

D'ailleurs, je peux toujours me vanter du confort de mon salon... Parce que les murs en pierre, cela garde vraiment bien la fraîcheur pendant les chaudes journées ! 


Now I think it's time to resume my bookshelf project, because it might seem like I did nothing for Cottage lately, but actually my mind worked and the project stilghtly changed... Tile to call the plumber first thing Monday morning!

Mais je crois qu'il est temps de me remettre sur mon projet de bibliothèque. On pourrait imaginer que rien n'a avancé au Cottage car j'étais prise ailleurs, mais mon cerveau a continué de fonctionner et mon projet a un peu évolué... Lundi matin, à la première heure, j'appelle... le plombier !

 
See you next time,

A la prochaine fois,

Hasta la proxima,


38 comments:

  1. Oh Magali, that blue....that tops it all off so perfectly and with your crisp whites and touch of authentic, old stone, Cottage is as pretty as can be. Let the winter of the past melt away and bring forth new experiences! We had a rough, long winter but spring is finally coming forth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do hope a more peaceful period is knocking at your door, giving a more quiet life the coming months! And as for cottage, wow it is super cute and looking fresh and bright! Good job Magali !! Greetings from Marie from Antwerp, Belgium (same strange summer weather here, but a colder wave is on its way sigh)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Marie! The summer weather is back this week in Brittany!

      Delete
  3. the cottage looks so cozy and yes was beginning to wonder where you were and how winter had been treating you and the cottage - I love the look of your stairway going up from the view in the photo I like that curve in the stairway - the blue and white in the living area is so nice

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi....it looks lovely.! the dark blue looks Great, I see a couple of cats are happy with the new furniture as well, i'm glad you think it was nothing serious, sounds like a whirled wind going on at cottage to me...fingers crossed the carpenter showed up, that must be really frustrating. I'm glad your temps are rising, last satur at my grandson baseball game I got a sun burn, no sleeves on an 82* afternoon an flip flops, yesterday I was bundled up, winter shirt, sweatshirt, scarf an coat, raise your hand if you believe in climate change, I hope you've had a spectacular weekend so far.!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your salon looks very chic and comfortable now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. J'ai l'impression que tout le monde a de moins en moins de temps. Ton salon est très agréable à regarder. Alors comme ça ton projet bibliothèque avance? Peut-être aboutira-t-il pour cet été.
    Bon courage. Caresses aux poilus. Bises. Babette

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cottage has received lots of love from you and it's looking lovely and bright!! Have a great Sunday Magali!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. No worries about being absent for a little while, we all do it. Life gets busy sometimes. Loving how lovely your living room looks. The blue sofa is perfect and really pops with your white paint. I can see how cozy it is and know it is a wonderful place to be while those storms and cold blow through. You sure had a great plan for cottage and carried it out to perfection. Have good week.......hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello sweet friend. So happy to see your post. The cottage living room looks so cozy and pretty. We here in the states are trying to get warmer temps since we are late into our Spring. So send some of that 80 degrees our way. Have a great start to the new week. Hope things have settled down in your life!
    xoxo
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  10. It looks very comfy - love that blue!!! Glad your life is settling down a bit. I've had the same kind of month. Take care Magali! xox

    ReplyDelete
  11. We wouldn't be friends if we couldn't pick up where we left off, no matter ho long, or at least that's how i feel. Your living room looks warm and cozy,cottage has to be so proud of all you have accomplished, she is a lovely lady.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cottage is proud... But also a little angry that the upstairs isn't finished!

      Delete
  12. How lovely to see you Magali. We all get busy, but it's so nice to hear from you. Cottage looks sooooo cozy and comfy. Isn't nice weather Wonderful? Mother Nature keeps teasing us in the Midwest. Hope all gets better and slows down.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The weather this week has been very weird. I still had the stove on on Monday and today I spend the day outside as the sun was shining!

      Delete
  13. I bet that stone wall really does keep it cool. I really love the opened beamed ceiling Magali!
    Life can be so busy some times.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  14. Superbe! Comment redonner vie à une petite maison bretonne. Les couleurs, ce côté un peu anglais et authentique, c' est tellement beau et chaleureux

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merci beaucoup pour ce message, pour un peu, le salon en rougirait de plaisir !

      Delete
  15. I think it is a lovely cottage and so glad it all works well during various weather conditions! Woukd hate to hear you were uncomfortable and miserable! Love your place!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Life is full and I do think of your job, Teaching. Keeps you busy, like your kitties and Mr. Cottage:). Your blue chair looks very comfortable. Where I live, I think the hot summers are getting longer, never seems to end.
    May to October, Summer and hmm, maybe a cold Fall and that's it.
    Take care, Kathleen in Arizona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The blue chair is so comfortable the cats are fighting for it every evening...

      Delete
  17. Very beautiful! The blue color really looking serene.. it is a great retreat after a long day..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The living-room is indeed more inviting now than it used to be!

      Delete
  18. So glad to see a post and glad that your okay. Love the blue it looks so relaxing and comfortable.

    Hope that kitties are fine now and that everything has settle down.

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  19. je suis toujours ravie de retrouver les aventures de Cottage... surtout quand il fait appel à un plombier pour un projet de bibliothèque !!! un radiateur se met, peut-être, en travers des rayonnages ???
    prenez bien soin de vous, des vôtres et de Cottage
    monique59

    ReplyDelete
  20. Life can easily get in the way...its suppose to since that's what we do, live our lifes. Glad to know everything is OK. Wow, that is warm...today it was in the low 60's in Illinois today. Seedling in the greehouse. I spend the first day in my garden cleaning up and it was wonderful! Glad the stone keep the area cooler!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Que bueno saber de ti Magali y asi es hay dias que son muy ocupados, Cottage debe estar feliz porque se ve muy bonito y acogedor me encanta la pared de piedras. espero que ya los gatitos esten bien y gracias por dedicar tu tiempo en escribir para todos. Hasta la proxima amiga :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gracias ... espero tener más tiempo para escribir durante el verano ...

      Delete
  22. So nice to visit you in your pretty cottage once again, Magali, and glad that you are past the little rough spot in life, too. I hope that you and the kitties were able to get outside and enjoy the nice spring weather.

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a sweet cozy home you have!! Looks wonderful in your sweet cottage, as always!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I think we all understand how busy life can get sometimes! The weather here where I live is all over the place in the changing seasons, so going from cold to hot in a short time is pretty normal for us. I love that stone wall in your living room!

    ReplyDelete
  25. The room looks so comfortable and inviting. Well done!
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  26. I am always amazed when I visit. I remember your little white house on the seaside the first time I visited and now it is so much more comfortable and cozy.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Your little white house looks so very comfy and welcoming.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Beautiful Magali! I saw you on Twitter and came over to see your little cottage.

    ReplyDelete

It makes me so happy to read your comments! Let me know you stopped by!
J'adore lire vos commentaires. N'hésitez pas à vous joindre à cette discussion multi-lingue.