Monday, May 28, 2018

Spring In The Air

May At Cottage


Spring has officially arrived at Cottage: here are ten signs to prove it.

Le printemps est officiellement installé au Cottage et en voilà dix preuves.

 
1. The pupils aren't so keen on the idea of working and have already begun to count the weeks till the summer break (which doesn't start until the first week of July for them...)

1. Les élèves ne sont plus trop motivés pour travailler et commencent déjà à compter les semaines qui les séparent des vacances qui ne commencent officiellement pour eux qu'après la première semaine de juillet... Nous ne sommes pas au bout de nos peines !

 
2. I need to remember to get in the car earlier to go to work because I drive on a beautiful scenic road: if I was most of the time alone on it all winter, I'm now frequently stuck behind a car that drives very slowly to admire the sea view...

2. Je dois penser à monter dans ma voiture un peu plus tôt pour aller à l'école car cette année j'emprunte une jolie route qui borde la côte... J'y ai été toute seule tout l'hiver, mais je me retrouve maintenant fréquemment coincée derrière une voiture roulant au pas pour admirer la superbe vue...

 
3. Lines at the supermarket are longer because tourists are coming back to Brittany.

3. Il faut faire la queue à la caisse du supermarché car les touristes sont de retour en Bretagne.

 
4. The cats are spending more time outside and they, again, meet in the field behind Cottage to fight... I'm in full cat-nurse mode.

4. Les chats passent de plus en plus de temps dehors et, à nouveau, ils se donnent rendez-vous dans le champ derrière Cottage pour se battre... Je suis redevenue infirmière féline...

 
5. Since a storm destroyed our previous sunshade last year,  I had to buy a new sunshade so the cats could nap comfortably on the patio... We like spending the evening there all four of us.

5. Comme une tempête avait détruit notre parasol l'an dernier, j'ai dû acheter un nouveau parasol pour que les chats puissent faire de confortables siestes sur la terrasse... On aime passer la soirée là tous les quatre.


6. Since more time is spent on the patio, I watch TV less in the evening and read more. I'm re-reading Pride and Prejudice...

6. Puisque plus de temps est passé sur la terrasse, je regarde moins la télé le soir et je lis plus : je re-relis Pride and Prejudice. 


7. A lot of time is spent in the garden trying to tame (a little) the wild jungle it is... I've worked on the kitchen garden and on the pictures you can see Milo relaxing next to the sage, currently blooming or Shadow lying in the middle of the strawberry patch.

7. Je passe beaucoup de temps  dans le jardin à essayer d'entretenir un peu la jungle qui y pousse. J'ai travaillé dans le potager et sur les photos, vous pouvez voir Milo se reposant dans la sauge en fleur ou Shadow allongé dans le coin fraisier.

 
8. I also began planting some flowers in the different containers I have on the patio... But one of those containers have been claimed by my old Piano who likes spending his whole day sleeping here. He doesn't move much anymore.

8. J'ai aussi commencé les plantations dans les pots qui sont sur la terrasse, mais l'un des bacs a été pris d'assaut par mon vieux Piano qui aime y passer ses journées à dormir. Il ne bouge plus beaucoup.

 
9. Thunder storms are back, a huge cause of panic attacks for me...

9. Les orages sont de retour et cela provoque  chez moi des crises de panique incontrôlables...

 
10. And,  yes! I have received a quote to change a radiator that is to be moved to make room for the bookshelves I'm dreaming of in the living-room! Renovation resuming is a sure sign of spring at Cottage!

10. Et, oui ! J'ai reçu enfin un devis pour déplacer le radiateur qui m'embête pour créer mon mur bibliothèque dans le salon. La reprise des travaux et le retour de la poussière sont des signes caractéristiques de l'arrivée du printemps au Cottage !

 
What are the signs of spring in your corner of the world?

Et chez vous, quels sont les signes du printemps ?

 
See you next time,

A la prochaine fois,

Hasta la proxima,




30 comments:

  1. Spring is such a lovely time, and you have some very pretty blossoms out. Your cat in the planter....!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Coucou Magali,
    je te répondrais qu'avec le printemps reviennent les moustiques plus piquants et encore plus sournois...
    Ah si, comme nous ne vivons plus en ville nous voyons quelques hirondelles que nous comptons malheureusement sur le bout des doigts, l'effondrement des populations d'oiseaux est vraiment inquiétante.
    Je vois que tu vas faire des travaux, vivement l'été que nous puissions te suivre pendant ces quelques semaines de vacances bien méritées
    Je te souhaite une excellente semaine et beaucoup de courage pour ces dernières semaines de travail
    @ bientôt de te lire à nouveau

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Morning Magali. Your garden is coming to life so nicely. Love your little patio area and so happy to see your fur babies enjoying being outside again. Can't wait to see your new book shelves when you get that project done. Happy Spring.
    xoxo
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi....I'm starting to think we don't have spring here anymore, it's crazy, we go from using heating 1 day to A/C the next then heat again, the nice days are just a tease, but I must say the early blooming flowers don't seem to care about the weather, they're reliable every yr, and just this past Satur. my daughter an I went plant shopping, and I seen a fuchsia I'd never seen before, and then there it is again, in your pot, pink on pink really beautiful. I too have cats going out more often, an lazing around the patio, or wherever I happen to be outside, they're like a dog following me around, Piano looks like his age is catching up with him, the sweet guy. I'm happy to hear someone did show up to help you get the bookcase project started, look forward to the photos. Hope your last days of school fly by. Have a nice week.!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Magali como siempre me alegra saber de ti y ver las fotos tan lindas y especialmente ver a los adorables gatitos . Suerte con tu nuevo projecto y que quedes contenta :) Hasta la proxima amiga :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Our corner of the world is rife with life. Greens, pinks, orange, so many brilliant colors are making us feel YOUNG again. Oh Magali, Cottage looks happy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your fur babies are so cute, and that photo of one of them on their back cracked me up!

    Its pouring buckets now, but thats ok. Gives me a chance to catch up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My signs are vivid and bright--the garden is all abloom in color! Birds are singing, especially at the end of day before the sun sets. My soul is eager to go for drives and walks and see Gods work in everything!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Chez moi aussi, il y a une grosse reprise des travaux à la montagne et moi, je pars dans le Sud Ouest dimanche qui vient à l'aurore, beaucoup de travaux m'y attendent, j'ai hâte d'y être.
    Trop mimi les chats.
    Mille bisous Dame Magali. Babette

    ReplyDelete
  10. Our hot weather pattern in Flanders : 20hrs ... first I water all the patio plants, making sure they don't dry out (esp the strawberry !) 21hrs ... then I rush to save the most vulnerable plants from a thunderstorm due to the sudden hot temperatures here. In the morning, I remove them from their shelter and put them back in the sun. And this every day, sigh :-) Marie

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have had flowers bloom and a little bit in my vegetable garden. Your cats are so cute and i am sure very helpful! It will be nice to get your shelves done. Until next time have a happy time.

    ReplyDelete
  12. School has been out for a week, around here. We will go back the first week of August. Some travel planned this summer, but the painting of the old farmhouse starts this week....me being the chief painter! lol

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks so beautiful with all the flowers. We are in full bloom here as well. We still can see lots of lilacs all around. I planted our vegetable garden yesterday and all the potted flowers today. Wishing you a lovely Spring.

    ReplyDelete
  14. le printemps dans la petite maison de briques du Nord n'est pas aussi spectaculaire que celui de Cottage (j'adore les photos 2 & 3 du jardin) mais il s'installe avec les fleurs et les baies des petits fruitiers (cela reste un mystère pour moi mais les merles dévorent les groseilles encore vertes... avant de manger les framboises et les mûres bien mûres... mais ils nous laissent beaucoup de cassis !) ; le printemps c'est aussi la floraison des campanules et des géraniums vivaces bleu-mauve... même si tout ça a été un peu anéanti par le gros orage de cette nuit !
    le printemps c'est encore le début du ponçage des chaises en hêtre de la cuisine - je vais peut-être les cirer plutôt que les vernir à nouveau...
    à la toute fin de l'hiver, j'ai enchaîné la lecture de Sense&Sensibility, Pride&Prejudice et Persuasion - ça fait un bien fou de se replonger dans ces grands classiques ! mais là, je vais découvrir une nouvelle enquête de Sœur Fidelma... (en version française car, ma petite librairie indépendante est plus accessible que celle de Cashel)
    ma journée de récup horaire étant ensoleillée, je ferme le micro et vais ressortir la ponceuse
    portez vous bien, Magali, Cottage et tous les chats ! monique59

    ReplyDelete
  15. we have done our share of home update work this past year and hundreds of dollars have been spent but now the nice weather is here and we have loaded up our little motorhome and hook our car to the back and take off to explore. I love your roses and other plants and sitting outside is something that I love to do with a good book and a glass of ice mint tea at my hand. I have favorite books I like to read over and over again.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yep, spring means renos for me also. I've accomplished much more than I thought I would this spring so I am thrilled. Enjoy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love spring! I have just planted a couple plants and made my beach trip plans. Summer will be here before ya know it and Im ready!!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  18. So good to visit and catch up a bit. Your flowers and cats are so pretty. It definitely looks like spring in your part of the world. It is feeling like summer here as the temperatures ahve been in the 90's already and we have had numerous thunderstorms. Life is good though and I am out of school for summer break. Have a lovely week...Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the cats relaxing in the backyard with flowers to sniff and taste a bit:).
    Thunderstorms are not for me either and excited for the bookcases for you!
    Have a cozy day, Kathleen in Az

    ReplyDelete
  20. It is exciting news to hear that you will soon be able to work on your library wall!
    The weather here does a job on umbrellas! Some years I need to replace them more than once!
    xoxo Su

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful beautiful flowers! Yes spring has already sprung here in Florida. We are already going into summer temps. But the weather has been so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Tes jardinières sont superbes ! Mais Piano semble aussi beaucoup les aimer... alors chat heureux ou belles fleurs, il va falloir choisir... et je pense que chat heureux va gagner ! Bon courage pour cette semaine de conseils de classe ! Bises

    ReplyDelete
  23. I enjoyed seeing and hearing about spring in Brittany...love your photos. Spring in my area of Florida is all about pruning and cutting back. As summer is just around the corner with heat and rain showers most days, the trees and shrubs are cut back or it would turn into a jungle.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I remember from years ago working in the schools, how antsy kids were near the end of the year! I think the teachers were, too. ;-) I love that you have the cats all around you on the patio. Poor Piano looks old and worn...I think that's a few scratches I see on his nose. Happy spring!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Ohh, I wish I was spending spring in Brittany! You know when I make it there I'll be one of those tourists driving slowly and enjoying every view. We're already on summer break, but my spring doesn't sound too different from yours. Taming the wilderness with beautiful flowers and veggies, spending evenings outside with the pets, and big, loud thunderstorms. Fun times! God luck making it to July with those rambunctious kids.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Happy spring becoming summer to you and the cats! I hope that the end of your school year is going well.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Sorry I’m late! One stroll through and it’s looks as if you’ve been a busy bee. Spring is lovely at cottage and I see all kitties are very happy. Glad to see Piano happy in the planter. Love your azure pot, I think mine are similar, just love the color. My spring, missed it and jumped straight to summer! In the nineties and so humid you would think you’d stepped into a steam bath. You are reading one of my all time favorite books. Enjoy your summer.........

    ReplyDelete
  28. White Tarpaulin are a lightweight, easy to handle range, widely used as temporary waterproof covers for applications in the home and workplace including camping groundsheets, wood stack covers, building site covers, sandpit covers, garden furniture cover, pallet covers and salt stack covers

    ReplyDelete

It makes me so happy to read your comments! Let me know you stopped by!
J'adore lire vos commentaires. N'hésitez pas à vous joindre à cette discussion multi-lingue.