Thursday, February 14, 2013

Me, myself and I




Happy Valentine's Day!

I don't do Valentine's Day, not that I have a strong belief that it's only a commercial celebration or anything, but because I'm single (be warned, this is a "personal revelations" post).

Je ne fête habituellement pas la Saint Valentin, non par principe, mais parce que je suis célibataire. Cependant, cette année, j'ai eu un cadeau! Dena de It's All About The Journey m'a offert un "Liebster Award". A moi, donc, de répondre à ses questions et de passer le relais à d'autres blogs.

But this year I had a Valentine's gift! Yes, yes, yes! In my inbox was a mail sent by Dena at It's About The Journey saying that she was passing me her "Liebster Award". 

 

I read about it first and I loved the idea that it was international and  a way to know bloggers better and to give some really nice bloggers some exposure. 

Here are the rules:

 The Liebster award is given to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers.  What is a Liebster?  The meaning:  Liebster is a German word and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing and welcoming.  



Here are the rules for receiving this award:


1. Each blogger should post 11 random facts about 

    themselves.


2. Answer the questions the tagger has set for you, and then

    create 11 new questions for the bloggers you pass the

    award to.


3. Choose 11 new bloggers (with less than 200 followers) to

    pass the award to and link them in your post.


4. Go back to their page and tell them about the award.


5. No tag backs.


Dena created some questions for me and some are really tricky.
  1. If you could have dinner with one person alive or dead who would it be?
  2. What is one travel location that you would love to visit?
  3. What is your biggest fear?
  4. What is your real hair color?
  5. If you were to give your 20 year old self one piece of advice, what would it be?
  6. What household chore do you hate to do?
  7. What is your all time favorite movie and why?
  8. What are your goals for 2013?
  9. Do you tweat?
  10. What is your favorite drink?
  11. If you were stuck on an island, what would the one thing you could not live without~can not be a person.

So, I'll take a deep breath and try to be honest.

1. I really hate mysteries, they make me feel uncomfortable, so I guess I'd like to have dinner with someone who could help me solve a mystery, like Marilyn Monroe to understand if she commited suicide or not; or the Grand Duchess Anastasia to discover if she really died in Ekaterinbourg; maybe Anne Boleyn also, so she could finally enlighten me about that last speech she said on the scaffold...
via ehehr1955.wordpress.com
 2. I would love to visit Prince Edward Island. It's been a dream of mine since I read Anne of Green Gables, a long time ago!
File:Prince edward island cavendish red cliffs.JPG
Via Wikipedia
3. The thought that makes me dizzy with fear is that my life could have been entirely different had I made different choices at different times of my life. Does that make sense?

4. I don't die my hair. I'm a natural dark blonde. 

5. Wow! Probably "eat!" but I wouldn't have listened to my self anyway!

6. I hate cleaning the windows because I'm very bad at it. They are never perfect!
via Ivyclad.com
7. I have many favourite movies (I understand the meaning of "favourite", don't worry), but the one I can watch again and again is Mulholland Drive because each time I come up with a new theory about it...
Via All Posters

8. My 2013 goal is a very down to earth-material-girl goal: having new drywalls in the kicthen and in the dining-room... I actually dream of dry-walls!

9. I don't tweat.

10. Tea is my absolute favourite drink!

11. So I'd bring a kettle on an island and I'd hope there are tea plants on it!!!

 

I've had a hard time choosing who to pass the award to, but I hope those bloggers will have fun answering some questions. If you don't know them, please visit them, you're in for a real treat!

Mandi at Southern Gnome

Athena at Minerva's Garden


 


Bec at Two Worlds


Carol at Art and Sand





1. What is the one song/music you listen to when you need to be cheered up?
2. Are you a cat or a dog person?
3. What is the little habbit you know you shouldn't have but can't give up?
4. If you didn't live where you are right now, where would you like to live?
5. What is the colour you never wear?
6. What makes you cry for no reason?
7. What's the device that makes you happy you were born in this era rather than in the Middle Age?
8. Is there a TV-show you hate to miss?
9. What's the title of the book that changed your life?
10. Which fictional character are you in love with?
11. How did you start blogging?

I hope you'll have fun with these questions. It'll sure be fun for me to read your answers.

See you soon for the last part of the series on Brittany Cottages. You can still read part 1, part 2, part 3 and part 4 if you're done with the laundry, the cooking and the housework!!!





4 comments:

  1. Great answers!! Glad you had fun with this!
    Dena

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am totally with you on the windows Magali....I am really bad at cleaning them, get obsessed when I do try and then realize it was all for nothing. :)
    Thank you for choosing me for the award...very kind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Valentines Day!

    Yes, one's life could be entirely different depending on choices made when they were young. And lucky in regards to your hair!

    Thank you for the nomination. I'll try.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your award! It is an honor to be considered kind and welcoming. I enjoyed your responses to the questions and I have enjoyed seeing homes that you are featuring in your area.
    xo Beth

    ReplyDelete

It makes me so happy to read your comments! Let me know you stopped by!
J'adore lire vos commentaires. N'hésitez pas à vous joindre à cette discussion multi-lingue.