Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Christmas Bites

Mincemeat Pie Recipe


So, now that all my readers have their homemade mincemeat ready in their fridge, I thought it was time to share the pie recipe. I hope you didn't have too much whiskey while preparing the recipe you can find here!

Maintenant que mes lecteurs savent tous préparer le traditionnel mincemeat grâce à cette recette, je pense qu'il est temps de partager avec vous la recette des tartelettes que l'on réalise ensuite avec.


So here's what you'll need:
  • 2 cups flour,
  • about 125 g butter (4.4 ounces) chopped,
  • 2 tablespoons of sugar,
  • 1 egg,
  • 2 tablespoons of lemon juice,
  • enough water to make it look like a perfect dough.

Voilà ce dont vous avez besoin:
  •  2 tasses de farine (2x250 mL),
  • environ 125g de beurre en petits morceaux,
  • 2  cuillerées à soupe de sucre,
  • 1 oeuf,
  • 2 cuillerées à soupe de jus de citron,
  • un peu d'eau pour former une pâte.

Mix all the ingredients in the order  written above. I personnally mix everything by hand, but I suppose you can do it with a special device whose name would begin with a K... Don't add to much water you don't want your dough to be all sticky.

Mélangez les ingrédients les uns après les autres. Je pétris à la main, mais si vous avez un robot, je suppose que cela fonctionne aussi. Ne rajoutez pas trop d'eau: la pâte ne doit pas être collante.


Roll the dough and cut cercles in it with a cutter or a bowl. Put the cercles of dough in muffin pans. Add a good spoonful of mincemeat on your cercle of dough. Then cut dough in the shape you want, I went with stars, and top the pies with them.

Etalez la pâte et couper des cercles avec un emporte-pièce ou en utilisant un bol. Foncez des moules à muffins avec vos ronds de pâte pour former des bases de tartelettes. Garnissez d'une bonne cuillerée de préparation mincemeat.  Puis coupez le reste de pâte dans la forme que vous voulez (j'ai fait des étoiles) et recouvrez vos tartelettes avec.


Put in your oven, pre-heated at 350°F, for about 20 minutes.

Mettez au four préchauffé à 180°C pour environ 20 minutes.


Enjoy with a nice cup of Christmas tea.

A déguster avec une bonne tasse de thé de Noël.


Now, as a blogger I know I should have spend the two days I had between school and traveling decorating the Cottage for Christmas... But I chose to spend that time at the beach...


En tant que blogueuse,  je sais que j'aurais dû passer le temps que j'avais de libre entre l'école et mon départ pour rendre visite à ma famille à décorer le Cottage... Mais j'ai choisi d'aller à la plage!


Have a merry Christmas!

Joyeux Noël à vous!


See you soon,

A bientôt,


PS: I'm sharing the recipe with:
Strangers and Pilgrims on Earth               Welcome to A Return to Loveliness Happy New Year                        http://artfulaffirmations.blogspot.fr/2014/12/tea-cup-tuesday-happy-new-year.html               


Linky Party                      

45 comments:

  1. I love the stars! xoxo Merry Christmas, Magali, thank you for bringing us such interesting stories, and taking us places, while you share your beautiful little cottage. xoox Su

    ReplyDelete
  2. merci Magali, pour cette délicieuse recette qui me rappelle ce dessert que j'ai découvert et tant apprécié lors de mon 1 er voyage en Grande Bretagne
    très joyeux Noël à toi aussi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eh bien, voilà, il ne reste plus qu'à les préparer pour avoir le goût de l'Angleterre à la maison!

      Delete
  3. The pastry stars are so pretty! Good for you taking some much needed time for yourself to go to the beach. The perfect place to restore peace to the soul. Enjoy your travels and have a lovely Christmas Magali.

    Blessings, Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bonjour Magali!

    Ça fait du bien être ici au bord de la mer, chez vous! Une bonne tasse de thé et ces petites tartes me plaisent aujourd'hui! Je préfère votre petite maison blanche aux autres grandes maisons, trop remplies de décor; la paix et solitude qui embellisent la vôtre sont tout dont j'ai besoin. JOYEUX NOËL! Anita

    ReplyDelete
  5. Merry Christmas Magali! I can almost taste those tarts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a great holiday! Merry Christmas!AriadnefromGreece!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So darling looking... Definitely remind me of ones my mom made.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Merry Christmas Magali, form the south of Spain


    Marina

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those pies are still looking good...love the writing in the sand - fabulous idea. Have a lovely Christmas and everything good in 2015.

    ReplyDelete
  10. They looks so good, wish I could reach into the screen to grab one! A quick visit to wish you Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Merry Christmas to you, and thanks for all the smiles you give me....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy new year to you! Thanks for being such a nice reader of Cottage's adventures!

      Delete
  12. "Joyeux Noël" à toi & à tes poilus griffus.
    J'espère que tu passeras d'excellentes Fêtes entourée de tous ceux que tu aimes
    Plein plein plein de bises, un petit peu pour Mary. Babette

    ReplyDelete
  13. My mother used to make mince meat cookies and I would wrinkle up my nose and refuse to even try them. These little tarts of yours look so good I'm going to save this post and give them a try. (I never, ever, ever save recipes. LOL) Merry Christmas to you and a prosperous New Year. From Oregon USA
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sandra,
      I hope you'll let me know if those make your nose wrinkle up or if you enjoy them ;) Happy New Year, from Magali, the cats & Cottage.

      Delete
  14. I've never tried adding lemon to pastry, it sounds intriguing and your mince pies look delicious.
    I hope you have a wonderful Christmas with your family Magali xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Safe travelles, Magali. Merry Christmas to you and your family. xo Patty

    ReplyDelete
  16. Dear Magali, Wonderful Christmas to you and all your family!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Delicious looking pies.
    Merry Christmas dear Magali !!! With love and hugs from Izabella.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Merry Christmas to you and your family, dear Magali ! May the beach and your sweet Cottage never stop inspiring you ! Marcy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here's to an inspiring New Year! Thanks for being such a nice and regular reader of Cottage's adventures.
      Magali

      Delete
  19. Delightful, Magali! I just love the pastry stars and your table is so pretty with the red transferware, white and the candles. I think spending time on the beach was far and above the best decision you could have made. And I think the "Merry Christmas" written in the sand is the perfect decoration. Happy Christmas! ~ Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  20. Merry Christmas! Enjoy this time with your family. Looking forward to your wonderful blog in the New Year! Take care, Kathleen in Arizona, USA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Kathleen! I'm taking a few days off with family and will resume the blog with the new year. Enjoy the last day of the "old year"!
      Magali & cats & Cottage

      Delete
  21. Oh yumm! Mincemeat is a favorite for me and yours turned out so beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  22. Cela fait un bon moment que je n'etais pas passee par ton blog, Magali , mais je viens de me rattraper en lisant tous tes articles precedents. Merci pour la recette du mincemeat. J'en achetais a chaque fois que je visitais Londres en debut Decembre (pendant plus de 30 ans !). J'espere que tu as passe un tres joyeux Noel chez ta grand-mere!!! Je te souhaite un bon bout d'an et que le nouvel an t'apporte la joie et le bonheur! Ton cottage devient de plus en plus beau!!!!!! Bisous!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Magali, your Christmas bites are scrumptious and very cute. I love the stars both on them, and the hanging ones in your cottage! What a lovely Christmas card your message in the sand would make!:))

    Hope your Christmas was a pleasant one, filled with sweetness and peace.

    Have a happy, healthy 2015!

    Poppy

    ReplyDelete
  24. J'ai eu la chance de les goûter... Ils sont délicieux ! Mais je n'ai pas le courage de les préparer !
    Bises

    ReplyDelete
  25. The pies are so cute Magali! Happy New Year to you too!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  26. My husband loves Mincemeat Pie. So I made him some Mincemeat Tarts. But yours are prettier than mine.

    I used my regular home made pie crust. But your idea of cutting stars, to make the "top crust" is so much better than how I made mine. Second time, I will use your idea, and they will be better. :-)

    Happy countdown to the New Year,
    Tessa~

    ReplyDelete
  27. Lovely. I'd choose the beach too. Bonne Annee!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Magali, do you know that pie crust is my nemesis? And do you want to know why that is? "Enough water to make it the perfect dough." Sigh. I live in the desert. This makes things more difficult, you know. I just want to add such and such amount of water every time and have it be perfect. I have tried everything...even using vodka in place of some of the water. It never works out perfectly. I don't think I've used egg or lemon juice in my dough, though....maybe that's my problem? Having said all that, your pies are gorgeous! I love the star and would definitely have a nibble of one of these with a cup of tea. I just got a brilliant idea!! We should have an exchange. You make me mincemeat pies and I'll make you a pecan pie. Then we'll ship them half way across the world. :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Bonjour Magali! Merci de m'avoir laissée un commentaire; c'est très emouvant de savoir que je "connais" des blogueuses si loin mais qui sont si proche à la fois. Je vous embrasse!!!!! Anita

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hello Magali, I hope you had a wonderful Christmas. The beach looks wonderful! So does your mincemeat pies...Yum!
    I am wishing you a New Year full of happy opportunities : )
    Hugs,
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  31. They look absolutely amazing, Magali! I hope you ship to Wisconsin. ;-)
    Have a wonderful week, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hi Magali, What beautiful little pies that I know has to be delicious, especially with Christmas tea. Love the pretty red and white tables cape too. Anytime at the beach is glorious!
    Happy New Year............

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hi: I am going to try making those pies. They look so good. Wishing you a wonderful New Year! Blessings, Martha

    ReplyDelete
  34. Hi Magali, I have never tried or made mincemeat. Would love to sometime! I was surprised to find out this year that it is my father in laws favorite pie. Love the little stars on top! Happy New Year!!
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  35. Truly these tasty morsels were probably the star of the Christmas festivities.

    Have a wonderfully joyous, happy and healthy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Happy New Year! Your pies look delicious. I hope you enjoyed them.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Wishing a wonderful New Year!!! Thanks for the recipe for the pies.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Your pies are adorable! Thank you for sharing your recipe with us on the Art of Home-Making Mondays!

    May you have a healthy and happy New Year Magali! :)

    ReplyDelete

It makes me so happy to read your comments! Let me know you stopped by!
J'adore lire vos commentaires. N'hésitez pas à vous joindre à cette discussion multi-lingue.