Saturday, June 10, 2017

Quite A Busy Month

May Outtakes


I know, I know, it's almost mid-June and I'm only posting my May outtakes now... But well, better late than never, huh? If you're new here, my outtake posts are about little things that didn't make a real post the previous month.


Je sais, je sais, le mois de juin est déjà bien avancé et je ne vous propose qu'aujourd'hui les scènes coupées de mai... Mais mieux vaut tard que jamais, hein ? Si vous êtes nouveau ici, sachez que je compile les petits trucs du mois précédent n'ayant pas mérité un article à eux seuls une fois par mois (enfin, en théorie)...

 
May began as a usual spring month - I was back on the road every Sunday to empty-your-attic sales to fill my basket with china carefully wrapped in newspapers or to pick up pieces that I had noticed on my favourite second-hand website. You have a sneak peek of the last one - that need a lot of TLC - under the little rosebush that was a gift from friends.


Mai a commencé comme un banal mois de printemps - de nouveau sur la route tous les dimanches pour remplir mon panier de vaisselle dans des vide-greniers ou pour ramener le petit meuble déniché sur Le Bon Coin. Le tout dernier est là, sous le rosier miniature offert par des amis, et il va demander beaucoup de travail...


Some time was spent outside to get the kitchen garden ready or as ready as I could.


J'ai passé du temps à mettre en place le potager.

 
I had no  time at all to take care of the rest of the garden, but I'm enjoying the roses blooming all on their own and I can watch them from my new bedroom window.


Je n'ai pas eu une minute pour m'occuper du reste du jardin, mais les roses fleurissent toutes seules parmi les mauvaises herbes et je peux même les admirer depuis la nouvelle fenêtre de ma chambre.

 
We had an appointment with the vet in the second week of May as I wanted him to check again the lump Shadow had on his back. He had already seen it and had first ruled it as not dangerous, but it was growing fast lately. The vet seemed worried and said it should be removed asap. He scheduled the surgery for May 30th. I knew it would conflict with some renovation that was to begin on May 31st, but the vet advised me against post-poning the surgery.

A la mi-mai, nous avions un rendez-vous chez le vétérinaire car je voulais qu'il regarde à nouveau la grosseur que Shadow avait sur le dos. La première fois que je l'avais signalée, le véto avait dit que ce n'était rien, mais cela me semblait devenir de plus en plus important. Là, le véto a eu l'air inquiet, a dit qu'il fallait opérer au plus vite et sa première date possible était la dernière semaine de mai, ce qui correspondait aussi à la date de début de nouveaux travaux au Cottage. Pas terrible, mais le véto m'a déconseillé de reculer.

I thought I could handle it all...

J'ai cru que, comme d'habitude, je pourrai tout gérer...

 
Oh, my, I just had no idea what it would be. I brought back home a cat that was very weak, in pain even with the painkiller medicine (as he is epileptic there are certain painkillers he can't take), shaved on his back, and with a huge scar on his back. He was to be kept inside for a fortnight.  After only two days, Shadow was obviously depressed and I was exhausted as I couldn't sleep, checking every second if Shadow wasn't scratching his scar. For the first week, we had an appointment every day with the vet to give Shadow an antibiotic injection. So I talked to him - he said ok for Shadow to go for a little while in the garden with me to cheer him up if I could find a solution to protect the scar without obstructing it...


Je ne savais pas du tout ce qui m'attendait... J'ai ramené à la maison, un chat épuisé, qui souffrait malgré l'anti-inflammatoire, tout rasé sur le dos, avec une énorme cicatrice non refermée... Et il fallait le garder à l'intérieur pour environ quinze jours. Au bout de deux jours, Shadow n'allait pas bien du tout et semblait déprimé en plus, moi, je n'avais pas réussi à dormir car chaque fois que je fermais l’œil, il essayait de s'arracher la cicatrice. Lors d'une des visites chez le véto pour la piqure d'antibiotique, je lui en ai parlé et il a dit que peut-être Shadow pourrait faire un tour dans le jardin sous haute surveillance si je trouvais une solution pour protéger la cicatrice tout en la laissant respirer...

So Shadow is now wearing a baby T-shirt to go in the garden and also at night so I can sleep knowing he can't scratch the scar. He is improving, but the healing is a very slow process, maybe because he's already a little old. The good news is that the vet called today to tell me the lab had sent him the result and the removed lump was not a cancer.


Voilà comment Shadow se retrouve à porter un T-shirt taille 3 mois. Il peut ainsi aller un peu dans le jardin, ce qui est bon pour son moral et moi, je peux dormir la nuit en sachant que grâce à cette petite protection, il ne va pas faire sauter tous ses points ! Bonne nouvelle aussi, le véto a appelé aujourd'hui. Les résultats de l'analyse sont arrivés et la grosseur n'était pas cancéreuse.

The renovation project did begin in the middle of all this and I hope to share it with you this month. You can see here a little sneek peak of it.


Eh bien, au milieu de tout ça, les travaux ont tout de même commencé. En voici une preuve juste au-dessus et je vous en dis plus très prochainement.

We also had a very windy day and night on one if the first day of June. But there was no "alert" as usual on the official French weather forecast website, so I wasn't ready for it... My sun umbrella  paid that with its life... And some of my roses as well... I had many broken branches and I saved all the roses I could by bringing them back home. The hot pink one is in a teacup on the new project I'm working on... You'll need to come back to see more of it.


On a aussi eu une tempête de vent pas du tout annoncée sur le site de Météo France que je consulte TRES régulièrement... Cela a coûté la vie à mon parasol... J'ai aussi eu beaucoup de branches cassées et j'ai essayé de sauver comme j'ai pu les roses qui étaient à terre. Du coup, j'en ai plein la maison ! La rose anglaise qui est dans la tasse à thé se trouve justement sur ce nouveau projet commencé lors des travaux de ce mois... 



See you nex time,

A la prochaine fois,

Hasta la proxima,


44 comments:

  1. Oh poor little Shadow...but he does look sweet in his Tshirt! Hope he will be all well soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll tell Shadow people find him beautiful, because he doesn't like the Tshirt all that much!

      Delete
  2. Salut, Magali!

    What a relief to continue to read down and find out that Shadow's lump was not cancer. I hope he heals well (I like his little t-shirt!) and that you can RELAX. I hope you are on summer vacation! I just completed my first week off and it has been so relaxing, just doing some house projects, sitting in our covered deck and enjoying our garden.

    Be well Magali, and may Shadow come back strong!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, such sweet pictures of poor Shadow - I'm so glad you were clever enough to come up with a solution. What a relief that it was not cancer. I hope you both feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We both spent a very quiet weekend, he sleeping the surgery off, me relaxing after a week spent on the road, driving on every lunch break to check on Shadow and his scar!

      Delete
  4. The picture of shadow by the fence is beyond adorable Magali! I'm so glad he doesn't have cancer! Our fur babies are so precious!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good Morning...love your solution for shadow..he looks so happy to be outside..i must admit..that made me tear up a bit..just knowing his heart was singing..you kill me with the sneak peeks..i have no clue what that was..LOL..hope you have a Fabulous weekend..an shadow is feeling better by the minute.!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. so glad to hear your cat didn't have cancer - it looks like the baby t-shirts worked - I don't know if I would have thought of that, he doesn't look like he minds them in the least. Glad you didn't have too much damage from wind - we have times like that too - good luck to your garden!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So happy to hear Shadow's lump was not cancer. Love that you could put on a baby tee shirt so he could be outside a little bit. I am sure that does help him to feel better mentally and physically. Have a good weekend.
    Hugs,
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  8. J'avoue avoir souri en voyant Shadow avec son beau T-shirt rose... et aussi en voyant l'état de ton parasol... J'espère que tu vas pouvoir enfin reprendre une existence plus calme et te reposer. Courage pour cette fin d'année scolaire. Bises.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Poor baby, hope he heals quickly, I quite like the teeshirt.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Coucou Magali
    Vivement cet été que l'on voit comment tu vas transformer Cottage, je suis toujours curieuse de ce que tu entreprend et du rendu toujours attrayant que tu renvoi, Cottage est à ton image, généreuse ;-)
    Beau week end

    ReplyDelete
  11. I fine, eclectic, mix, Magali. Love the shot through the window - and I'm delighted Shadow is on the mend! But I'm intrigued by the idea of a second-hand website... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. So glad for the good news on Shadow!! He was so happy to be outside!! Poor baby....love the t shirt....

    I once had a cat with a similar injury and also put a baby shirt on her to protect the area. But the vet had put a 'funnel type disc' around her neck so she could not get to the injury. She made a wonderful recovery and lived for many more years.

    The summer heat has arrived for us and I don't like it!!! Sorry to all the summer lovers out there.... Enjoy!! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I got a purple plastic funnel type disc as well for Shadow but he became completely mad when I put it on him! Thanks a lot for stopping by!

      Delete
  13. Darling Shadow, the love we give our pets, our family member. Winds can be fierce, hope the roses can be saved. I'd give anything to go with you on your Sunday sales, you find wonderful treasures. Looking forward to see the reveal, Kathleen in Az

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll take my camera next Sunday so I can share pictures and you'll feel like you're there! I didn't find one single thing today, though.

      Delete
  14. I am so happy to hear Shadow does not have cancer! I am always a worrisome mama when my fur babies are sick!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Shadow est adorable avec son tee-shirt rouge... qu'il ne tente pas d'enlever ! bonne convalescence ! un gros projet dans cottage ? pour préparer un hiver douillet au coin d'un poêle ? à bientôt ! cordialement - monique59

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am so glad Shadow is on the mend!! Poor sweet kitty, it's so hard to see our pets suffer.

    ReplyDelete
  17. It looks like Shadow has accepted his new garment with dignity and seems go happy to be outside once more. Sending healing thoughts his way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shadow understand (how, I don't know) that he needs the Tshirt to go out for now!

      Delete
  18. Awwww hope he's better soon (but the t-shirt is adorable!!)

    ReplyDelete
  19. So glad that kitty is doing better and that it was not cancer. Kitty looks so cute in the t Shirts.
    We love our pets so much and worry about them when they are sick.

    Looking forward to seeing your changes at Cottage. Take care of yourself and hope kitty is better soon.

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  20. No wonder May went by so quickly, you've been busy :-)
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the garden when it has just been planted -- so tidy. Jo @ Let's Face the Music

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a huge mess now, but at least, the salad are now the right size to be eaten and some cherry tomatoes are already turning red!

      Delete
  22. Your dear cat looks so cuddly and cute in his T-shirts. I'm glad he is healing well. Life at your charming home is so full of activity. Hope June is a happy month for you and your pets.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot! Shadow hurt himself again, but he's getting better (again)...

      Delete
  23. Shadow wears his clothes with pride ! I hope he will soon be all better again ! As for the storm, we also lost quite some flowers and branches from trees ... but strangely, 2 small hanging baskets with tiny flowers remained intact although I forgot to put them in safety ... strange how things work ! I wish you and Shadow a quiet healing month - greetings Marie from Belgium

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shadow is happy to now be rid of his little t-shirts which will be donated after I wash them.

      Delete
  24. Je Suis Shadow La Amour. So glad he is ok and the clothes are adorable. You certainly have challenges during renovation ! Happy Summer to my favorite blogger.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A huge thank you for that very uplifting comment that arrived at a difficult time for me and made me smile.

      Delete
  25. I am glad to hear that Shadow is recovering and the diagnosis is not cancer, Magali. I love the idea of putting him in the baby shirt - I will remember that if my pets ever have an injury. So sorry for all you have been through and for losing your sweet parasol! I hope it can be repaired. I hope that June is a better and less hectic month for you and Shadow. xx Karen

    ReplyDelete
  26. The roses are beautiful! I'm glad that Shadow is improving and I bet he is so happy to get to go out into the garden. We have had alot of wind here this spring also. Crazy weather!!
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh no, sweet little Shadow having to go through all of that! He does look so adorable in his little shirts. And, what a great idea to keep safe and let you sleep. Sorry about the umbrella and broken roses. Seems some things happen all at once!!! Can't wait to see what you and cottage have been doing. Happy Summer Magali.......

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh my goodness shadow looks adorable with his cute new shirts! I am glad it wasn't cancer! Hope he is feeling way better now. Your garden looks nice and green. It is Spring here and everyone is extra busy with so much yard and garden work. Hugs to you Magali and thank you for sharing about your beautiful cottage and surroundings!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Glad to hear shadow is going to be well. Take it easy.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Magali que Buena noticia de saber que Shadow no tiene cancer se le ve muy gracioso con su t-shirts y le hace bien estar afuera en su jardin.Hasta la proxima y besitos al gatito :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahora la pobre Sombra se lastimó la vista la semana pasada, así que nuevamente necesita ser atendida de nuevo ... Pero es muy valiente.

      Delete
  31. I love this post, Magali. I'm glad Shadow's lump was benign. The baby t-shirts are a brilliant idea, and Shadow seems very happy to be wearing them. The photo of him behind the picket fence is adorable. I've got that pinned to my "Pets" Pinterest board. Your roses are gorgeous, and the single rose in the teacup is very sweet. Your bedroom window is splendid; the view is dreamy. xo

    ReplyDelete
  32. Best wishes for a speedy recovery for your sweet little Shadow. Our furry family memebers mean so much and it is hard to see them suffering. May you both enjoy a lovely week.

    ReplyDelete
  33. The picture with Shadow and the picket fence is absolutely adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  34. You have been posting more than I! Poor Shadow. I hope he is healing well. My kitties send him well wishes.

    ReplyDelete

It makes me so happy to read your comments! Let me know you stopped by!
J'adore lire vos commentaires. N'hésitez pas à vous joindre à cette discussion multi-lingue.