Tuesday, October 30, 2018

The Post Where I Show You The Details

A Finished Loo And More To Come (One Day Or An Other)


Once upon a time, I visit a little Cottage where almost everything was orange and dark, including the upstairs loo. 

Par un beau jour de printemps il y a quelques années, j'ai visité un cottage dans lequel presque tout était orange et sombre, même les toilettes.


Then I thought... Since the roof needs insulating, why don't we first destroy everything...

Puis j'ai pensé... Puisque le toit doit être isolé, autant tout enlever d'abord.


The little roof window that used to be in my bedroom was moved to the loo.

La petite fenêtre de toit qui était dans ma chambre fut déplacée dans les toilettes.



The room was almost finished when Shadow showed it to you in the last post... But the light fixture was missing. 

La pièce était presque finie quand Shadow vous l'avait montré dans l'article précédent... Mais il manquait l'applique.


I'm delighted because I finally found one that is new and that I like. I wanted it to be simple and white and it was not that easy to find in stores.

Je suis ravie d'avoir enfin trouvé une applique. Je voulais qu'elle soit simple et blanche et ce n'était pas si facile que ça à dénicher en magasin.


I like the way it looks when lighted in the dark.

Et même allumé dans la nuit, je trouve que cela rend bien.


The door finally got all its coats of paint and the handle is secured.

La porte est enfin peinte et la poignée est en place.


I know this post isn't about a huge transformation (though details like that make quite a difference when you live in a cottage under renovation), so I wanted to tease you with an other project I'm working on...

 J'ai bien conscience que cet article ne concerne pas un grand changement (ces petits détails sont cependant très importants quand on vit dans une maison en travaux), je voulais donc vous donner un avant-goût d'un autre projet sur lequel je travaille...


To work on  this project, I had to move everything that used to be in this corner of Cottage to my bedroom... which made it even messier than it used to be with all the piles of books a-wainting the bookshelf project to be completed... Two days ago as it began pouring hail, I ran upstairs to close the bedroom window, I nearly stumbled upon a pile of books which I only saved by kicking my foot in a beautiful wooden chair... Who dares laughing and spitting coffee over their laptop? Really, I wished I had knocked the pile of books down because I'm sure it wouldn't have been as painful. Now I have two very blue and swollen toes. And I don't think purplish blue goes well with my hot pink nails.

Pour travailler sur ce projet, j'ai dû transporter tout ce qui était dans ce coin du Cottage dans ma chambre... qui se trouve bien encombrée puisqu'elle est déjà pleine de piles de livres qui attendent que le projet bibliothèque prenne forme. Dimanche il s'est mis d'un coup à grêler, je me suis précipitée à l'étage pour fermer la fenêtre de ma chambre et j'ai failli renverser une pile de livres que je n'ai sauvé qu'en faisant un écart qui a violemment envoyé mon pied dans ma belle chaise en bois... Comment ? Vous osez rire ? Oui, je vous entends de là ! J'aurais vraiment préféré renverser les livres, cela aurait été moins douloureux... parce que maintenant j'ai deux orteils bien enflés et bien bleus. Et je trouve que cela ne va pas du tout avec mon vernis rose.



So today I had to take it easy lately, inspired in that by Shadow who didn't like at all the visit from a Polar cold wave. I hope to be back at work on my secret project as soon as I can go down the stairs without pain.

J'ai donc levé le pied, inspirée par Shadow qui n'apprécie pas du tout la vague de froid venue du Pôle Nord. J'espère  pouvoir me remettre au travail sur mon projet secret rapidement, disons dès que je peux descendre les escaliers sans que mon pied me fasse mal.


See you next time,

A la prochaine fois,

Hasta la proxima,


PS: It had been a while since my last stupid accident, I'm sure you were wondering if I had become a real adult...

PS : Cela faisait longtemps que je n'avais pas eu un accident débile à vous raconter... Je suis sûre que vous étiez à deux doigts de croire que je m'étais assagie...

22 comments:

  1. Very chic light fitting Magali. Take care of your toes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super wc ! Mais je préfère le coin du poêle avec Shadow ! J'espère que tes doigts de pied vont retrouver leur couleur et surtout que tu auras moins mal ! La prochaine fois, cours lentement, que diable !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Magali so sorry about your poor toes. Hope those begin to feel better especially now with it getting cold and having to put shoes on. Everything about your little Loo is perfect right down to the handles on the doors. Love it all.
    Hugs,
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  4. Incredible makeover Magali! Love the clean look & the skylight is genius! I must say I have door hardware envy. Your door is spectacular with that lever door "knob". It's a triple WOW for me!!
    Blessings for more successful projects - Edie Marie
    ( you never fail to wow us)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a whole post about the door hardware... And I can give you the name of the company if you want.
      Thanks a lot for your sweet comment.

      Delete
  5. coucou Magali
    j'ai cru un moment que le pot de peinture s'était renversé car perché sur la chaise qui elle même était tombée, ouf, ce n'est pas le cas et c'est tant mieux
    j'aime beaucoup les vieilles serrures en porcelaine qui se trouvent de plus en plus rarement dans les magasins et c'est bien dommage, elles donnent un aspect patiné, sobre et cosy à toutes pièces qui s'en trouve munies
    J'espère que ton pied va aller mieux, ça fait extrêmement mal et dans les chaussures c'est encore pire
    Bon courage pour ta semaine
    @ bientôt de te lire

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL - we all have "stupid" accidents about two years ago I actually fell out of my sisters car in the parking lot lol - my foot got tangled in my purse strap and down I went - my glasses got knocked off and under the car they went, my knee was banged up my elbow scrapped - my sister on the other side of the car is wondering where I had went - I was there and then i was gone!
    Hope your foot is better soon!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Karen, I did the same thing while with my sister. I remember foot tangle, then falling suddenly while listening to my sister crying out my name repeatedly. A very disconcerting memory. Glad you were ok.

      Delete
  7. OH OUCH.!!! that does look really bad, the loo tho, how lovely is that, and how strange is it to say, lovely about a toilet, I do like how the toilet is separate from the tub/shower in Europe, you don't see that much over here. On a side note, is that a cabinet door I just barely see in that last photo.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tu vas devenir une légende en matière de malchance. Pierre Richard au féminin...Tu es incroyable.
    Parfaite l'applique des toilettes. Alors là je sèche sur le projet en devenir... Ma langue au chat...
    Bisous. Babette

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like your light, and handles on your door, hurt toes, ouch! Kitty looks cozy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Magali, Nothing is worse when you stub your toe or hitting your foot on something hard. Sore to walk on I'm sure. I agree too, that the light fixture and door handle are perfect for your loo. Your bedroom will turn out cozy like your downstairs. I still love your kitchen and dining room, I remember when you were deciding on paint and projects:).
    Take care, Kathleen in Az

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The toes are still quite painful, I never thought it would be so long!
      Have a nice Sunday,
      Magali

      Delete
  11. Having such stubbed my last two toes on my left foot I understand your pain! Adding the light fixture always dresses up a room with the finishing touch. I love your loo since it fills a very big need during the middle of the night and not having to head down the step stairs..Love the handle so much!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love it! So clean and simple but lovely. Hope your toes are better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Magli: SOOOO SORRY about your toes! I am nursing a big toe that got run over by a heavy trolly at the garden store!!! Your blog is still one of my very fav's!!! I love your decor, your humor, your cats, your every day challenges. Thanks for sharing with the world! What happened to your fireplace mantle??? I think these pix of your stove are FANTASTIC!!!!! Can't wait for the next installment of your saga. Cudos from Texas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Magali me encanta como explicas todo me alegra y me haces reir y gracias por eso .... el pequeno loo se ve muy bonito. ooh lo siento por tus dedos :( mi amiga misteriosa :) Hasta la Proxima .....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Los dedos de los pies siguen siendo dolorosos ... Se está tardando más de lo que pensaba.
      Magali

      Delete
  15. Everything looking so beautiful, fresh painted and new fixtures! Ohh dear I hope your toes are feeling better now. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  16. It is amazing what light and paint can do for a room. You made the right decision moving that window. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  17. l'applique, la poignée et le verrou (ainsi que la jolie étagère) permettent d'aboutir à la finition soignée de cette petite pièce... et sont donc loin d'être des détails ! c'est vraiment bien d'aller au bout d'un projet !
    bon courage pour enfermer les pieds dans des chaussures de ville...
    bonne fin de week-end au coin du poêle ! monique59

    ReplyDelete

It makes me so happy to read your comments! Let me know you stopped by!
J'adore lire vos commentaires. N'hésitez pas à vous joindre à cette discussion multi-lingue.