Sunday, January 04, 2015

The Posts You Loved Most... Or Not

Five Random Kitchen Redo Posts...


I'm sure you've spent the last days reading posts about last year's recaps... I noticed a few were about the most read posts. That got me thinking... I very rarely check the "statitics" of my blog other than what's on the main page.

Peut-être avez-vous remarqué cette tendance à la nostalgie sur la blogosphère dans les premiers jours de l'année... Tout le monde fait un petit récap' des projets de l'année passée... La grande mode sur les blogs d'outre-Atlantique, c'est la présentation des cinq articles les plus lus...

So off I went (not very far) to the "post statistics" page. I began checking which 2014 posts had been read by the most people. 

Je suis donc allée voir lesquels de mes articles avaient été les plus lus et j'ai commencé à rédiger une présentation.

Then I began writing a post... And then I thought (yes, again, that's twice in the same post)... I'm not like those successful bloggers who have tons of people stumbling upon their blogs every day... So chances are if you're here, you've seen my most read posts...

Puis, au beau milieu, je me suis dit que je n'étais pas une blogueuse hyper célèbre et qu'il y avait donc peu de chance que vous n'ayez pas lu les articles les mieux "classés". J'ai donc tout effacé et j'ai plutôt choisi des articles moins lus, que les nouveaux lecteurs (la cuisine en a ramené quelques-uns et je leur souhaite la bienvenue) avaient peut-être ratés.

I decided to erase everything and to start again. I'm choosing five posts about the kitchen remodel that you might be interested in if you've missed them. If you're a very regular reader, you can stop reading there and go back to your normal life. Be sure to be back soon for news about the next project, tough!

Si vous êtes un lecteur fidèle et de longue date, vous pouvez arrêter là votre lecture et reprendre vos activités normales. N'oubliez pas de revenir dans quelques jours pour le nouveau projet, cependant!

If you see something you're interested in, please click on the picture. That should take you to the post if I didn't mess things up!

Si je n'ai pas trop savonné, cliquez sur la photo pour retrouver l'article correspondant!

1. As I'm bold, I'm beginning with a controversial post about a chair redo:

1. Très courageuse, je commence par une rénovation de chaise qui n'a pas eu que des fans...

http://thelittlewhitehouseontheseaside.blogspot.fr/2014/04/chairish.html
My favourite spot for a cup of very weak coffee or black tea!

2. The second post is the one about the cabinets just being installed. I thought it was intersting to see how "soulless" the kitchen looked then... Even if it was an improvement compared to what I had before.

2. Je vous propose ensuite de regarder à quoi ressemblait la cuisine juste après le départ du poseur: c'est sans âme, mais tellement mieux qu'avant, déjà!

http://thelittlewhitehouseontheseaside.blogspot.fr/2014/05/blank-canvas.html


3. The countertop was an agonising choice: if you don't have the budget for marble and are too messy for wood, you might be interested in reading about my countertop...

3. Une des décisions les plus difficiles à prendre pour moi a été le choix du plan de travail: si vous n'avez pas le budget pour du marbre et pas la patience pour du bois, jetez un coup d’œil sur l'article.

http://thelittlewhitehouseontheseaside.blogspot.fr/2014/07/this-is-how-countertop-disappear.html


4. Adding a backsplash helped giving the kitchen a finished look.

4. La crédence a permis de donner un aspect fini à la cuisine, mais j'ai dû mettre la main à la pâte!

http://thelittlewhitehouseontheseaside.blogspot.fr/2014/10/caution-wet-paint.html


5.  Finally, the kitchen was made more cottage-y and got rid of its "brand new vibe" thanks to the addition of thrifted wood cabinets.

5. Enfin, la cuisine s'est débarrassée  de son aspect trop "neuf" et uniforme grâce à des petites étagères en bois chinées pour pas cher du tout!


I hope if you're new at The Little White House (I did notice the number of followers was going up, so thank you very much) you found a few old posts to read!

J'espère que les nouveaux lecteurs ont trouvé quelque chose d'intéressant à lire!

Coming next: a new project, some kitchen updates (it'll never end!), possibly a recipe and maybe a reflexion on the colour(s) of the year...

Dans les prochains épisodes: un nouveau projet, des petites nouvelles de la cuisine, une recette si j'ai le temps de faire gonfler ma pâte ce week-end et une petite réflexion sur les couleurs de l'année en peinture.

See you soon,

A bientôt,


PS1: You can see before and after pictures of the kitchen by clicking here.

PPS2: I'm sharing those posts with:

Dwellings-the Heart of You Home       Strangers and Pilgrims on Earth          Photobucket                                 
link party header                     a return to loveliness                 31 Days to Slash Your Budget Painlessly 

http://bec4-beyondthepicketfence.blogspot.fr/2015/01/vintage-inspiration-party.html         http://diybydesign.blogspot.fr/2015/01/winter-blues-wednesday-its-party-201.html            The Enchanting Rose     


                    

.

46 comments:

  1. I am so far behind in reading my favorite blogs and in responding to emails.

    I loved each of your posts about your kitchen. What a sense of accomplishment you must feel.

    I wish you a wonderful 2015 and that it brings you closer to finishing your special little white house on the seaside.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I have missed one of your posts! Happy new Year to you and Cottage.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Je n'avais rien manqué... mais j'adore le fauteuil avec son nouveau look et la dernière photo de ta super cuisine ! Bises.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Magali, MOI, je suis votre fan! Et toutes les photos de la cuisine sont mes préférées! Le blanc, si calme.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed seeing your kitchen again :)

    I have some free stat thing but it just keeps track for a day or a week...those ladies keeping track of their most-read for an entire year are probably paying for service that does that.

    Or maybe google analytics does it? Who cares...it's more fun your way :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love the addition of the brown cabinet and plate rack. Your kitchen is full of charm and I'm looking forward to more.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've enjoyed being a new follower this year, and I'm looking forward to another year, Magali! I love what you've done with your kitchen!
    Vickie

    ReplyDelete
  8. So beautiful! You did an amazing job on your kitchen - it is absolutely perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes I have read them all but will be here for more!Have a great year!AriadnefromGreece!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You did such an amazing job in that kitchen. I am still in awe how you were able to cook with your old setup. I can imagine all the dinner parties you will be hosting with this new setup. Happy New Year Magali.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you especially, for the link to the post, on counter tops. And I love your choice.

    I am also "blown-away" with your decisions... Like making it less deep than "is the rage"... And not being swayed by remarks of your contractor. Good for you!!!!!!!

    Your kitchen is marvelous.... You do good work, Lady!!!!! :-)

    Tessa~

    ReplyDelete
  12. And I just went back and read this post of yours...

    And enjoyed it so much.

    I think I have heard of these letters. Now I need to find the book and read them. :-)

    Tessa~

    ReplyDelete
  13. I loved the chair redo, it was very brave of you to have the courage to change it so it worked for your style! Teehee, the souless kitchen, I am dealing with exactly that. Which is how I noticed you have delisted your Etsy china! Mon dieu! I was hoping to find some treasures to add to my kitchen, are they returning or did you decide to keep them? xo Patty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I replied by mail, but I'm going to explain here as well as it might be of some interest to some other readers: the French post office is going through some drastic changes and I have removed the china from the shop for now, but I hope it's only temporary for a few days. I need to work things through.

      Delete
  14. Love the cheerfulness of your kitchen and the cottage look!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I so very much enjoyed following you this year, Magali. Although I remember more than your kitchen posts (such as the charming laundry hanging on the clothesline post and the traveling around the cottage posts and the shoes for the wedding post), there's no question that your stellar kitchen remodel stole the show. Looking forward to what you'll share with us in 2015. xxx ~ Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy New Year, Magali... I just loved viewing and reading about the remodel of the kitchen... I just love what you have done. So my question is, what's next? You are such an inspiration.
    blessings,
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Penny,
      Happy New Year to you!
      Next at the Cottage is rewiring the electricity upstairs... As it won't be interesting for my readers, I'll try working on the dining nook at the same time!
      Magali

      Delete
  17. I enjoyed you cottage kitchen posts, and I enjoyed seeing them again! Love that white chair sitting by the window..I'd be sitting there knitting, and looking out! So much to see outside a window. Can't wait to see what else your up too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Giggling, why is your chair post controversial? I actually went back to see if I had missed something scandalous....maybe that you're teaching style is Madonna-esque? You're so sassy.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I do remember these posts, but I've got a bunch of newer ones to catch up on! Happy New Year, Magali!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh please, I missed some of your posts. No time for blog walking, I'm glad to see your kitchen again.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Et bien je crois qu'avec moi ça fait trois fanes sur le vieux continent, mais c'est bien connu que nul n'est prophète en son pays, par contre outre manche tu as la cote.
    Tout plein de bisous. Babette

    ReplyDelete
  22. The cottage renov is coming along well, it was good to revisit some of the steps along the way and see how great the kitchen looks now. Happy New Year from Normandy.

    ReplyDelete
  23. You did great things in your kitchen last year! This was a nice review of all your special touches in the room.

    ReplyDelete
  24. The kitchen is gorgeous! We have a similar sized kitchen and yours looks so big. I would love if you linked up on my blog her organizedchaos.com for Crafty Chaos Tuesdays! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Yes, I read all those posts and loved them all!! I just want to wish you the best for 2015 Magali! Truly, the BEST.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I remember each one of these and I loved the recap! Your kitchen is absolutely gorgeous and I love, love the touch of mint!!
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  27. I just found you via The Coastal Charm blog linky party. I've signed up, and I need to catch up by looking at your history. So far, I've visited the kitchen. Thank you for sharing. Best wishes in the new year!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I’ve seen all of your posts here but happy to see them again. I love your charming cottage and everything you’ve done.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I'm glad to see all of these posts Magali! Happy New year! Looking forward to what you'll come up with in 2015!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Bonne année, Magali!

    I've so enjoyed following you along on all your creative projects around the Cottage, from your beautiful kitchen reno, to your pretty and delicious sweets, they've all been lovely entertainment!

    Poppy

    ReplyDelete
  31. Gorgeous, such an inviting space. Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Bonjour ! Je suis effectivement une nouvelle lectrice, mais je suis tellement fan que j'ai épluché tout le blog et que maintenant je le lis régulièrement ! À bientôt de vous lire, Flopsy

    ReplyDelete
  33. Your kitchen is far from soulless now. You've done an amazing job! I always thought your white cabinets were perfect with the contrast of the beautiful wood cabinets. Thanks for your recap and for sharing your kitchen journey at Vintage Inspiration Party.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Bonjour, dear Magali! What a charming kitchen, my dear. Your photos make me want to come by for a visit :)

    Thank you so much for sharing this at Roses of Inspiration. I look forward to visiting you again as I have become your newest follower. Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Sweet cottage kitchen. I'm sure cottage will want warmth with insulation and update electric to keep you toasty upstairs. Then you can make it look pretty like the kitchen. Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, how well you know Cottage... It does want/need insulation badly... The bathroom was so cold this week!

      Delete
  36. Your cottage kitchen is lovely, you've done such a beautiful job! Thanks so much for sharing at AMAZE ME MONDAY.
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  37. I'm trying to imagine what you're going to tackle next when you talk of dust and living in chaos but I'm excited to see what you do next because I've loved everything you've done so far.
    My best wishes to you for 2015, may it bring everything you wish for x

    ReplyDelete
  38. New reader from Roses of Inspiration! I love your kitchen! The combination of white and wood looks so cute and cozy! Going to go read some older posts!
    Linda
    mysewwhatblog

    ReplyDelete
  39. Hello Magali
    Je découvre avec plaisir votre blog et je vais de suite m'inscrire à la newsletter
    Un grand bonjour de la France ;-)
    @ bientôt

    ReplyDelete
  40. I just love your sweet kitchen Magali. Thanks for the trip down memory lane. The transformation is stunning. Thank you for sharing at What We Accomplished Wednesdays. Have a great week!
    Blessings,
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete

It makes me so happy to read your comments! Let me know you stopped by!
J'adore lire vos commentaires. N'hésitez pas à vous joindre à cette discussion multi-lingue.