Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Wall For Thought

The Kitchen Walls Mini-Series - 1 -


The kitchen cabinets are finally chosen and they are being made as I type (well, given the time it is, maybe not exactly now). They should look something like this, without the fancy moulding.

Les éléments de cuisine sont enfin choisis, ils sont même en train d'être fabriqués en ce moment (enfin, peut-être pas exactement à cette heure-là). Ils devraient ressembler à peu près à cela, sans les moulures hors de prix.


Now before the cabinets are delivered next month (hopefully, fingers crossed, etc), I wanted the walls to be painted. 

Avant que les éléments ne me soient livrés le mois prochain (enfin, si tout va bien, je garde les doigts croisés, etc), je voulais que les murs soient peints.

Keep calm, we're not goin to do a series with a post a day about the different colours, for two main reasons. First, I didn't hesitate that much. Second, most of you have already noticed in other posts that the kitchen is painted.

Ne perdez pas patience, on ne va pas évoquer toutes les couleurs possibles dans une série sans fin pour deux raisons. D'abord, je n'ai pas hésité tant que ça. Ensuite, la plupart d'entre vous ont déjà aperçu mes murs dans d'autres articles.

Still, it wouldn't be me, if I didn't tell you all the options that went through my head. Maybe it'll help one of my readers who'll make a choice that'll be completely different from mine. Indeed all the pictures are of beautiful kitchens, but I had to make up my mind at some point.

Cependant, cela ne me ressemblerait pas de ne pas vous donner un aperçu de tout ce qui m'est passé par la tête... Cela pourrait aussi inspirer un lecteur, qui fera d'ailleurs peut-être un choix complètement différent du mien!

1.

The first two colours that were ruled out are brown or taupe, as shown at the store, or grey, I think everybody got why by now...

2.
Les deux premières couleurs que j'ai éliminées sont le brun, celle choisie par le cuisiniste pour présenter les meubles blancs, et le gris, je crois que vous savez pourquoi maintenant.

3.
Next two colours to lose the battle : pink and yellow. I love pink, but soomehow I can't imagine my seaside kitchen with pink walls. Yellow walls give a country feel I really like: it was even my choice for my previous kitchen! But then, why doing the same thing when I have an opportunity to change?

4.

Les deux couleurs suivantes à perdre la bataille ont été le rose et le jaune. Autant j'aime le rose, autant je ne l'imagine pas sur les murs de ma cuisine de maison de pêcheur.  Les murs jaunes avec une cuisine blanche, cela donne un côté campagnard que j'apprécie beaucoup. D'ailleurs, c'était le choix que j'avais fait dans ma précédente cuisine... Alors pourquoi recréer la même chose?

5.

White, green and blue stayed for a while on my list. But since I chose white cabinets, maybe I could have fun with the walls rather than painting them white. Olive green looks really lovely with white cabinets... But I had something else in mind...

6.

Blanc, vert et bleu sont restés longtemps sur ma liste. Mais puisque mes éléments seront blancs, peut-être puis-je m'amuser un peu avec les murs et ne pas les peindre en blanc... Les murs verts avec des éléments blancs, c'est bien joli, mais dans ma tête, je vois quelque chose de très légèrement différent.

7.

True blue was really tempting, but...You may remember that while looking for my kitchen cabinets, I fell in love with the colour I call "seaglass": it's a mix of aqua and mint. I thought it would be lovely on my walls.

8.

Peut-être vous souvenez vous que j'étais tombée amoureuse d'une couleur que j'appelle "verre poli par la mer" en faisant mes recherches sur les cuisines. Quelque chose entre le menthe, le vert d'eau et le bleu aigue-marine. Je pense que ce serait joli sur mes murs...

9.

Now finding the right shade is not that easy... I think it deserves a small post of its own...

10.

Maintenant, il ne reste plus qu'à trouver la teinte de "verre poli par la mer" qui sera parfaite dans mon Cottage... Je crois que cela mérite un petit article séparé...

11.
Any favourite colour for a kitchen wall?

Et vous, avez-vous votre couleur préférée sur les murs de votre cuisine?

See you soon,

A bientôt,


PS1: Thanks for all your well wishes. It turns out my body can't stand the cortisone the doctor gave me... So I'll try some natural medicines, it'll just take longer. I've been reading all your words of advice and I'm currently trying different things you told me.

Merci pour tous vos gentils mots à propos de mon mal de tête. Je ne supporte pas du tout la cortisone prescrite par le médecin. Je repars donc à zéro avec des méthodes plus douces.

PS2: More kitchen wall colour inspiration can be found on my Pinterest board. You'll also find the link to the source of the pictures there.

PS3: For some reason, I don't get your new posts by mail if you're on blogger. I swear I didn't unsuscribe! Is anyone else experiencing the same problem? Does anyone know how to fix it?

PS4: I'm partying with some great bloggers!

I would love to have you join me for my link party, Share Your Cup!          Photobucket            http://linda-coastalcharm.blogspot.fr/2014/04/nifty-thrifty-tuesday-no209.html   


30 comments:

  1. I think sea glass would look so refreshing and also perfect for you cottage kitchen Magali. I have wallpaper in my kitchen, creams and brown, and the rest are tiled in capiz white. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sea glass for me! But maybe a pale shade, otherwise it might look too cold.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sea glass definitely for me! As for blogger something is going wrong I don't know what. I tried to join a blog and I had a different name rather than my usual one!AriadnefromGreece!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How exciting to be close to getting those cabinets. I love the sea glass color idea. That will look so good with white.Sorry you have been dealing with a headache. I am so behind on blog reading since we were out of town.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, you should go with the sea glass color that you love so much. It is beautiful and would always remind you of the sea!! My problem with blogging is that the other day all of the blogs that I follow disappeared from my page and stayed gone for a few days. I was on vacation, so I decided to deal with it, when I returned home. By then, they had returned - kind of scary!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love greens. I like a neutral sea glass. It looks really pretty with white. It's going to be beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think seaglass will be gorgeous! Can't wait to see it all put together :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I can't wait to see! So excited for you to be getting your kitchen! Glad the headache mystery was solved. Have a great Thursday...Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry, I must have missed your post about your headache - sure hope that it has gone away.
    I love that you like the seaglass. I think it will be a very pretty color for a Cottage by the Sea, and should look so well with your white cabinets.
    Have a Happy Easter.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love white kitchen! I can't wait to see your new looks of your kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The walls should be revealed in a few days... Then I'm waiting for the cabinets next month!

      Delete
  11. I am really behind in my blog reading so I have missed a lot.

    I am favoring all of those kitchens with some green in them.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think the sea-glass color will be so perfect! I am jealous :) It is going to be beautiful - I can't wait to see...Blogger is finicky lately, it seems. Sometimes that happens to me, but the next time it is working fine. Very moody! xo Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do hope sea-glass will look beautiful with my white kitchen. I still don't get any new post by email, even though I suscribed to your beautiful blog.

      Delete
  13. Kitchens, kitchens, I love kitchens, You are not going to believe me but, I wish I was there to work with you and enjoy with you all that work. Love it

    Waiting for more news

    hugs from Jerez Spain

    Marina

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ta recherche d'images pour illustrer tes propos est toujours formidable.
    Les murs de la cuisine dans ma maison en ville sont couverts de carreaux jusqu'au plafond. Pour la maison de montagne, le fil conducteur étant le gris patiné blanc, j'ai choisi de le marier à du vert kiwi patiné blanc, je suis ravie car le mariage est assez réussi.
    L'électroménager étant inox, tout se goupille plutôt bien.
    Tu dois être impatiente d'en finir avec ce chapitre.
    Bisous bisous. Babette

    ReplyDelete
  15. A wonderful choice!! I am excited to see the shade you pick. A tough color to choose as there are so many shades. Definitely deserves a post!! Are you suffering from migraines?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sea glass...sea glass...sea glass....
    echo...echo...echo....

    I'm sorry you're still having your headache. :(

    -andi

    ReplyDelete
  17. I think the seaglass is going to be perfect with the cabinets you chose, Magali. Can't wait to see it all put together. So exciting. ~ Nancy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a little impatient myself! Thanks for following the fun and not so fun renovation of the kitchen!

      Delete
  18. I love the idea of the seaglass, so pretty. I'm facing the same dilemma as you. Choosing a paint color for our kitchen, I have the hardest times making decision lately, it use to be so much easier, is it because i'm getting older? or because I've made so many "bad" decisions? I don't know but I've come to have changing a room because it means changing paint color! I have faith in you though to make the "best" decision.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi there! I hope headache has packed her bags and left? Maybe she stopped in at my place, I had a horrible headache for almost 48 hours (nothing compared to your time with headache, but plenty enough for me!) but she left yesterday, and I hope she doesn't return. She was here because I could not sleep. When I was a kid I would get headaches like that when I was too tired, but it's been a long, long time since I had one as an adult. I finally bought some melatonin and took a dose last night, and actually not only went to sleep but slept all the way throughout the night. Feel better today. ARe you sleeping? Are you eating? Not eating can do it too.
    Anyway, on to wall color. Seaglass is definitely and completely my favorite. I too like yellow for a kitchen, with cheery red accents, however sea glass is just the best color there is, so I am the biggest fan of it. My favorite kitchen pic you have up there is number 10, I LOVE ALL the colors in that kitchen and how they work together!! BEAUTIFUL!!! Can't wait to see what you are going to do!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The headache is taking her (?) time to move away... like an unwelcomed friend! But I have moments in the day that are better now and that is arleady a huge relief. I hope yours already said "good bye".
      #10 was a picture I found very recently and I fell in love with the serenity it shows.
      Happy Easter to you!

      Delete
  20. I love any pale shades of green and blue so I don't think you can go wrong. I do love No 2 but maybe because it's big and I love those lights. Although I was thinking of keeping my kitchen walls white and painting the cabinets a pale colour, I do really like the look in my bathroom where the pale walls really make the white shelves stand out.
    Sorry if I've said all this to you before Magali, and a late Happy Easter to you x

    ReplyDelete
  21. I just did our cottage kitchen in blue. But honestly my first choice was grey. Anything goes with White though. If you want to see my kitchen, just check out my blog....but I see you are busy.. Love the calm in all the pics :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I cheated and read your previous posts first...so, I love what you chose. The sea glass is gorgeous. I can't wait to see it with your cabinets. Glad your headache is getting better.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Magali, can't wait to see your cabinets! I painted my pillars in between my basement kitchen and family room in somewhat that shade of green. I love it and call it vintage green. I think it would be wonderful! I do still love yellow. Planned on doing that in my kitchen and changed at the last minute. My walls are actually called whetsone grey. They are a light brownish grey and no one ever notices that they are grey. Love the kitchen samples you showed! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  24. I'm so behind in reading, as you can see, Magali, since I've been away. LOVE the idea of seaglass walls, and somehow I knew that's what you'd do. I had pale yellow in my kitchen, and recently painted one wall terra cotta. I love it!

    ReplyDelete

It makes me so happy to read your comments! Let me know you stopped by!
J'adore lire vos commentaires. N'hésitez pas à vous joindre à cette discussion multi-lingue.