Monday, March 10, 2014

I'm Dreaming Of A White Kitchen

The Kitchen Cabinet Saga - 8 -


Today is the last episode of the saga in which we explore different colours for my future kitchen.

1.
Nous arrivons au terme de cette saga consacrée aux meubles de cuisine.

2.
There is a reason why I researched all the different colours I liked for kitchens. The contractor I'm working with can match any colour I want. It has a price though, but compared to the price for fancy contertops for example, it's not very expensive... So I wanted to check all the possibilities before making my choice.

3.
La raison pour laquelle j'ai exploré toutes les couleurs que j'aimais sur les meubles de cuisine est toute simple: le cuisiniste avec lequel je travaille peut me peindre la cuisine de la couleur que je veux. C'est en supplément, mais cette option n'a rien d'exorbitant par rapport à la somme demandée pour certains plans de travail.

4.
Matching any colour is an extra cost, but there are five colours in the basic price range: two greys and three whites.

5.
Cependant, si je choisis de ne pas payer ce supplément, le cuisiniste propose d'emblée deux teintes de gris et trois teintes de blanc.

6.
I've always loved white kitchens. All my previous kitchens have been different shades of white.

7.
J'ai toujours adoré les cuisines blanches. Toutes mes précédentes cuisines étaient blanches, même si la teinte variait d'un appartement à l'autre.

8.
There are so many advantages to white kitchens.

9.
Une cuisine blanche présente plein d'avantages.

10.
It looks great in small kitchens like mine.

11.
C'est parfait pour les petites cuisines comme la mienne.

12.
It brings light to any room.

Cela apporte de la lumière à la pièce.

13.
You can add so many touches of colour that you can change over the years if your taste evolves.

14.
On peut y ajouter les touches de couleur que l'on veut et les changer lorsque l'envie nous en prend.

15.
So after much thinking, I'll go white with the cabinets and add my darling seaglass colour elsewhere in the room.

16.
Donc, après toutes ces heures de réflexion, j'ai pris la décision de choisir une cuisine blanche! La couleur "verre poli par la mer" sera ailleurs dans la pièce.

17.
Now, if you're very, very nice with me, I might be able to show you pictures of the cabinets I chose. I took them in the shop... to the amazement of the contractor. It'll take two months to make them to the measure of my wonky kitchen.

18.
Si vous êtes très, très gentils avec moi, je pourrais vous montrer à quoi ressemblent ces fameux meubles que j'ai choisis. Je les ai pris en photo dans la boutique du cuisiniste, sous ses yeux médusés! Mais il faudra deux mois pour les fabriquer aux mesures de ma cuisine bancale...

You'll have to be patient for the next post though, as I have a friend visiting for a few days who'll keep me away from the blog. Now, she arrives by the 5 pm train and the cottage is an awful mess... I need to do something!

Mais il va falloir attendre un peu pour le prochain article: une amie me rend visite et donc je serai absente du blog pour quelques jours... D'ailleurs, elle arrive par le train de cinq heures et la maison est dans un bazar incroyable... Je vous laisse pour essayer de cacher la misère!

Any favourite among my inspiration pictures? 

See you soon,

A bientôt,



PS1: All those pictures, their sources and tons of others can be found on my Pinterest board "White Kitchens".

D'autres photos vous attendent en cliquant sur mon lien Pinterest.

PS2: If you've missed some of the Kitchen Cabinet Saga episodes, you can find them on the links below:


PS3: I'd leave you on a song as usual, but we have a saying in France that if you sing off-key it rains, and I really need the sun shining for my friend who comes visiting, so I'm not taking the chance. You might sing along and cause some rain!

PS4: I'm partying with a few awesome bloggers.

The Dedicated House          Lavender Garden Cottage  Join the fun here each Wednesday!                              
home and garden button        Rooted In Thyme                                           
                              

63 comments:

  1. You all right. White color will make a small space looks wider and brighter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2 & 10!!! Love the white kitchens. Can't wait to see what you do with your kitchen!! Enjoy your break.

    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm LOVING your kitchen inspirational photos!!!
    Thanks so much for your visit,
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love everyone of these white kitchens. Certainly can't go wrong with white.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mais non! I so hoped you would do the brave choices i never do, but I guess it does not hurt to be sensible. Although I am tired of white kitchens in general, I am sure your kitchen will be anything but plain. But I live in sweden, the country where people cannot get enough of white, it is like they love cleaning or something, even though they do not have guest coming on the 5 o clock train!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so sorry. I knew some of my readers would be disappointed and others would be happy... as everytime I make a choice. Hopefully, I'll make the kitchen not too boring... But France is the contrary from Sweden, it was difficult to find a white kitchen when everyone wants a red or a taupe one!

      Delete
  6. Finally white! Congratulations! Looking forward to see your new kitchen,

    Greetings, Nada

    ReplyDelete
  7. White but with a brown countertop like photo numbers 2, 6, 7, 14, 18, are my favourite too!AriadnefromGreece!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love a white kitchen too. In fact, I'm trying to convince my husband to paint our cabinets white. :) Those are all beautiful pics!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, you know how I feel about a white kitchen... I am in 100%!!! Those images are fantastic. I think the idea of your sea glass coming in to the kitchen through accessories is a great one that you mentioned in a previous post. Enjoy time with your friend and may the sun shine brightly!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, I do love white with green accents! but I did love the very pale aqua also. So many choices! And how I'd love to own that AGA!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love all of them. I love the green light, the green paint in another, the shell shaped pulls on another, stone floors, beamed ceilings, wood counters, tile, the aga, the glass cabinets..... All the kitchens are white but, with interesting features.

    ReplyDelete
  12. No 1,6 & 7!! I love white/cream kitchens! Ann

    ReplyDelete
  13. They are all beautiful, but my faves are 4, 10 and 16! I dream of some white cabinets, but not all of them white and not the entire kitchen being white.

    ReplyDelete
  14. My new kitchen is white and it brings so much light into the room. I am still delighted with it even after 6 months! And my accents are blue.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I was that close to doing a white kitchen and decided against it. But I DO love white kitchens! I love #15. I think white with your green will be perfect for your seaside cottage!!

    -andi

    ReplyDelete
  16. I will adjust myself to any colour of kitchen, but would you please please PLEASE send me the Aga ??? The moment I saw this oven in a store, I was madly in love ! I hope to drive my family crazy enough singing its praise, so they will help me buy one. You surprised me by choosing white eventually, but white cabinets will allow you to decorate with the seasons, you will never go wrong!! Good choice!! Marcy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must confess that I'm selfish: if I had the AGA I would keep it for my kitchen! But keep boring your family with singing its praise, they might just buy it to get you silent on the subject ;)

      Delete
  17. #13!! And I will be painting my little six feet of cabinet white this spring. My walls are yellow, and I wish they were white also! Can hardly wait to see the finished photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's a huge job, but it can really makes the kitchen look completely different.

      Delete
  18. I knew you would go with white...it will definitely brighten up a small kitchen. I am looking forward to seeing the cabinets and also where you use the seaglass color! Always something to look forward to on your blog...:) Have a wonderful week, Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  19. Moi aussi, j'aime le blanc mate... mais quel mal on a à trouver une cuisine avec une surface qui ne soit pas brillante ! Alors j'attends de voir la tienne pour me décider... bon courage !

    ReplyDelete
  20. J'ai hâte de les voir ces meubles, je crois que tu as fait le bon choix.
    Passe un bon moment avec ton amie. Bises. Babette

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love white kitchens too, Magali. There is something about that second picture that I find wonderful. Love the geraniums in the window, the light, and the open shelves with the cookbooks. I might start to cook again in a kitchen like that. xo Laura

    ReplyDelete
  22. I have never had a white kitchen, but I am sure that it will not become "dated". I did find a favorite - I love, love number 10! That photo might inspire me to try a white kitchen some day. You have kept us in suspense for so long - it is like reading a mystery novel - love it!! I cannot wait to get to the end and see your finished kitchen!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I am drawn to #1 and #6. Both different but so beautiful. I just can hardly wait to see what exactly you choose and how it turns out.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I knew you were gonna go white!!! Good choice. Hope you have a wonderful time with your friend and I certainly hope you two are able to get out and about with your sore foot!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Good decision, I will follow you ;-) No. 2 is the one I like best, but they are all beautiful. Have a nice week (and please show the cabinets you have chosen, I can´t wait...) Yours Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  26. Je vote pour les poignées de la cuisine n°1, les portes bombées du piano en cuisine n°1 (totalement vintage et j'adore cela) et les tiroirs en cuisines 3 et 11. je ne sais pas pourquoi mais j'imagine plus ta cuisine avec des tiroirs les uns sous les autres qu'avec une enfilade de porte! Emmanuelle

    ReplyDelete
  27. 2 and 7 my personal favorites! YOu know I made the same choice, so I clearly think it's a great one! Back to the paintbrushes for me! Can't wait to see pix of the cabinets, though, and SO EXCITED to see the whole kitchen with it's sea glass touches, and accents of pink! :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. I think that's the perfect answer Magali. Beautiful inspiration once again (I think I counted 8 definite English ones !!), and I can easily imagine your seaglass colour on the walls of kitchens like 3, 5 and 8 !
    Enjoy having your friend to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  29. The Little White Kitchen on the Seaside- perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love white kitchens. I have a Pinterest board with mostly white kitchens, too. I think you're making the right choice! I like your inspiration kitchens, but I like number three the best with the farmhouse sink and marble countertops. I also like the white subway tile backsplash in number one and the warm limestone floors in number 18.

    ReplyDelete
  31. I love creamy white, so I like this idea! You could maybe find beautiful cabinet knobs in seaglass or seaglass colors to add a little color to them maybe. We have kitchen cabinet knobs that are made out of beautiful little rocks that are polished smooth--visitors to our house always stop and look at them!

    ReplyDelete
  32. I will love to see your finished kitchen. I know it will be beautiful. My fav picture is the white kitchen with the sea glass green bead board behind it.
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  33. I love that you choose white, I think it'll look so beautiful and the seaglass as complimentary color. I promise to very, very, very nice and can't wait to see the cabinets! Boy two months to wait is a long time!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Magali, I think any color you chose would be wonderful, because you would make it so. You have excellent taste. One of the best things about a white kitchen is that it's timeless.. :) I love #6, by the way. As I plan our new kitchen, I'm drawn most to that look. White and natural wood together. Ah, be still my beating heart. Thanks for taking me along with you in this kitchen adventure. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you'll find as much inspiration in my pictures as I find in yours!

      Delete
  35. I love all the white kitchens you showed. Our cabinets are white, but the walls are yellow. Looking at all the white kitchens makes me want to paint the walls.

    ReplyDelete
  36. They're all so pretty - but so were all the other ones !
    Can't wait to see what you choose :)
    Bon fin semaine Magali!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  37. Oh, they're all so beautiful! I love white kitchens, really love them. I always get caught up in ideas of making the cabinets in my kitchen a color, but in the end white is the best choice for me. Timeless, bright and beautiful, and there's always ways to bring in color. Great post! I love all the kitchens you have here. ~Angela~

    ReplyDelete
  38. 3 choix de blanc c'est super, car souvent le blanc proposé est trop blanc. Pas d'erreur avec une cuisine blanche. Ma précédente était blanche mais dans cette dernière maison hyper ensoleillée, j'ai fait le choix d'une couleur genre sable mouillé, pour ne pas être aveuglée...
    Bon we.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Magali, I think this was a wise choice! I went through a similar process when choosing the colour scheme for our kitchen. My favourite colour is 'eau de nil' which I think is very similar to seaglass and it features quite a bit chez nous. However I chose to use it on walls, table cloths and accent pieces which can easily be changed if we tire and went for pale cream kitchen cupboards. I think the white is the timeless choice and the seaglass, well, what could be more perfect in a fisherman's cottage?!

    ReplyDelete
  40. I love white cabinets. Unfortunately, mine are oak (material AND color). I'd paint them, but I'm not good at something like that. Oh well, maybe someday I'll be able to afford to have a professional paint them? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  41. Awe, heck I love them all! Thank you for sharing. You are one of the fan favorites at the Sunday Showcase from Make it Pretty Monday at The Dedicated House. Here is the link so you can check out your feature. http://www.thededicatedhouse.com/2014/03/sunday-showcase-from-make-it-pretty_16.html Hope to see your prettiness again at the bash tomorrow! Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete
  42. Suzanne of Simply Suzannes at Home

    Dreamy! I love so many of the kitchens!
    My kitchen is also white . . . and I love how airy and fresh it feels.
    Thanks so much for gathering so many beautiful inspirations for us.
    Have a great week,
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  43. I knew it! Good luck, it's gonna be a long 2 months!

    ReplyDelete
  44. Oh, My, I love ALL the white kitchens. But if I HAD to pick I might choose the one with the brick floor. That is unique! Good luck on your renovation! The wait will be worth it, I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
  45. I like the rustic feel of #2 and #10. I had a feeling you would go with white, but then, I thought the sea foam green was a contender. I am partial to white kitchens, as that's what I have. You can't go wrong with white, and you won't get sick of the color! Good choice, Magali!

    ReplyDelete
  46. I want them all. Is that wrong? Have a great week. Blessings, Martha

    ReplyDelete
  47. Love all those white kitchens. It's a difficult choice to make, but I think number 7 is my absolute favourite.
    Izabella.

    ReplyDelete
  48. If you're looking for professional landscape care and maintenance services in Canberra, Act House & Landscaping can provide you with the services you need. Our team of experts can help you keep your garden looking beautiful and healthy all year round while ensuring that it is properly cared for and maintained. We offer a wide range of gardening services, including weeding, pruning, mulching, lawn care, and more. We understand that every garden is unique, which is why we work with you to customize a maintenance plan that fits your budget.

    ReplyDelete

It makes me so happy to read your comments! Let me know you stopped by!
J'adore lire vos commentaires. N'hésitez pas à vous joindre à cette discussion multi-lingue.