Monday, January 14, 2013

Let The Sun Shine

It rains quite often in Brittany, but usually it never takes a long time before the sun shines again.

Well, so much for the saying stating that in Brittany the weather is lovely several times in the same day, 2013 began with eleven grey days in a row.

Eh, bien, autant pour le dicton qui affirme qu'en Bretagne, il fait beau plusieurs fois par jour!  2013 a commencé avec onze jours de mauvais temps de suite!

We were all becoming crazy around here, till yesterday, the sun made its come back.

Finalement, quand le soleil a pointé le bout de son nez, je n'ai pas résisté à l'envie de prendre une photo du rayon qui traversait la fenêtre de la salle-à-manger. Concentrez vous sur le soleil, pas sur les murs à refaire!

I couldn't resist taking a picture of it through the dining-room window.

Please concentrate on the sun, not the unfinished walls.


Yes, I'm guilty of not putting all my china back on the shelves after the December phase of renovation... I know I'll have to remove them again in a few days...

It was also nice to be able to tour my own garden and discover that thanks to mild temperatures some flowers are blooming early.


It was so small when I planted it and it's quite lush now!

Les températures douces ont permis à la pervenche de fleurir. Incroyable la touffe qu'elle forme maintenant quand on pense où tout petit plant que j'avais acheté!

I hope you're all enjoying some sunny days in the middle of winter... The rain is back here now!

I'll share my first ray of sunshine there:




9 comments:

  1. Yes the gray days are the worst part of winter but we've been so fortunate to have no snow yet.... Unheard of for us! Lovely blog and home you have!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Snow, which is very rare here, is expected tonight... So I can feed an army! I packed the fridge as when it snows here, the roads are never cleared! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. What a beautiful view out your window. We started out 2013 with quite a few gray, rainy days. The past 2 days have been unseasonable warm and now we are stuck in a gray, rainy pattern again.

    I don't blame you one bit for not putting back the china. I just about put Tristan's train table into his bedroom the other day and rethought that. I think I can bear it in my living room a while longer so that I don't have to disassemble the train set and put it back together again... twice. It was a pain the first time. Crossing my fingers for his new furniture to arrive sooner that later.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for following me on the new blog! Email me your address, so I can send you that train station poster for Tristan's bedroom.

      Delete
  3. Congratulations on making the move to Blogger! It's always hard to move a blog, at least I have found it to be so, but yours looks wonderful! And yay for the sunshine! It rains a great deal here where I live, too, but it's gotten cold of late and we've had some lovely cold sunny days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! I just found out tonight how to reply to comments! I'm getting better at understanding Blogger, but it's a little time consuming right now!

      Delete
    2. It's a lot to learn, isn't it? It was lovely to hear from you at my blog today. I have been messing around with computer and camera stuff, and so Shakespeare took a little rest this week. Still trying to decide which monologue to do, but I'm leaning toward Gertrude in Hamlet. Of course, there's the Nurse in Romeo and Juliet, too--lots of good ones, hard to decide! And thank you so much for your encouragement--I very much appreciate it! Glad you liked the Valentine's wreath.

      Delete
  4. Thanks for visiting my blog.
    It's always nice to see people purchase houses with history and refurnish them.
    Whenever I see off white and Greek blue, I remember the ocean, Greece, France, Nautical feel.

    Seems that the former owner's style is more of Indian and Morrocan style. I doubt if it fits in with the exterior of the house. Good to hear you are doing a makeover of the house.

    Yes, I like Royal Albert cups so much too. I have tried different cups by different potteries, the Royal Albert cups bring out the best favor of tea. Must be the bone content/ingredient. It's true tea cups for tea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm slowly but surely de-morrocan-ising the house to gice it more of a seaside cottage feel. Thanks for visiting!

      Delete

It makes me so happy to read your comments! Let me know you stopped by!
J'adore lire vos commentaires. N'hésitez pas à vous joindre à cette discussion multi-lingue.