Tuesday, August 06, 2013

Open Window

The Kitchen Window Series (it's a soap opera, really) - part 2


One of the best thing about blogland is realising you're not the only crazy person who thinks a window is very important! I did feel alone before discovering blogs.

via?
Un des aspects les plus agréables du blog, c'est de se rendre compte que l'on est pas la seule folle qui pense qu'une fenêtre, c'est très important!

Via TourNorflok.co.uk
Now, the kitchen project is really killing me and it's only at its first stages. But tonight, I can feel every muscle of my body and I'm beyind tired.

Via ?
Ce projet cuisine m'épuise, alors qu'il n'en est qu'à ses balbutiements. Ce soir, je sens distinctement chacun des muscles de mon corps.

Via ?
So I won't do much talking for once. I'll just show you some of my inspiration pictures where windows "make" the house a home, give it a soul.

Via House To Home
Je suis même trop épuisée pour papoter ; et oui, ce jour est enfin arrivé (j'entends de là le soupir de soulagement de mon père).

Via House To Home
I'm off tomorrow to spend the rest of the week with my parents, because I know if I stay at The Little White House, I won't be able not to do something.

Donc, sans trop de bla-bla, je vous montre quelques unes des photos qui prouvent qu'une fenêtre peut apporter beaucoup de charme à une maison.

But I'll keep an eye on your blogs with my Mom, she loves when I prove her I'm not the only crazy girl.

Now, if you don't remember, this is the kitchen window that came with the house when I bought it.


And this is what I'm leaving you with today!

Et voilà tout le progrès que vous verrez aujourd'hui.


We're getting there, people, we're getting there!

On y est presque!

See you soon for the reveal (promise)!

A bientôt pour voir la nouvelle fenêtre (c'est promis)!


I'm sharing my inspiration with:

  House on the Way          Lavender Garden Cottage        
                         

23 comments:

  1. A good nights sleep will do you well, I wish that people would realize that they are killing their houses when they deprive them of their eyes. My favorite kitchen-window picture is this one.
    http://www.ikea.com/se/sv/catalog/categories/departments/kitchen/roomset/BODBYN_vaxthus/
    Not very realistic maybe, but oh, so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're still not going to show the window?
    AND NOW YOU'RE ON VACATION FOR A WEEK??????????
    Ok - you mentionned I could bribe you - how much Magali?
    Have a wonderful rest - you've earned it girlfriend!
    XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you have a good rest, and relax while you are away.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The first one is exactly what I pictured Magali, in fact for a minute I thought it was your house because of the blue shutters !
    Enjoy your rest and I guess we'll have to wait till you come back to see the finished result.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait to see the window you chose! Have a nice, restful visit with your parents...:)

    Blessings, Vicky
    Life On Willie Mae Lane

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh la! I cannot wait to see the finished product! Kitchen windows are so lovely and I'm sure yours will be amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My computer just died tonight, so I guess the reveal will have to wait a little... All the pictures are on it! Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  7. Beautiful inspiration photos. I too can't wait to see what you do!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Here's my opinions:
    I'm all for the flowers outside hanging -
    love the window pains (spelling?)
    love your shutters - batten down the hatches if a storm maybe coming

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the window boxes - must think about adding some to my little cottage.

    Have fun with your parents.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think I love the window boxes with flowers maybe the best, although they are all pretty. Can't wait to see your window reveal--it's all coming together so nicely! Have fun at your parents :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your sweet comment. I had scheduled the window reveal for tomorrow, but my computer suddenly died yesterday evening with all my files in it... So the fun scheduled for today is finding someone who can repair it...

      Delete
  11. With your vision, I know this window is going to be beautiful! Can't wait to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are not alone or crazy - well, maybe we all are crazy, but you are not alone!! Have fun with your Mom!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Excellent images! Soon, soon the window will be complete and you can admire it in all its new glory. Have a great time with your Mom. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. You joined me on my blog today, so I was checking you out and will be back, love your window pictures and I am looking forward to your next post. In fact I'm going back to check old ones. Enjoy your visit with your mom...God bless...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting back! Have fun finding out all that was already done in the cottage. The window reveal should be the next post!

      Delete
  15. I can hardly wait to see your window. I like the window with ALL the flowers - looks so frenchy.
    Have a wonderful visit with your parents and have FUN FUN FUN !!!!!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think you should set up a trapeze in the window and invite your firemen back. =D

    -andi

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love windows, Magali. They are what visually connect us to the outside world. Have a wonderful visit with your parents, and I can't wait for the window reveal. xo Laura

    ReplyDelete
  18. I look forward to seeing it. I hope you had more choices there!

    I replaced most of the windows on this house and all the doors, but only one street window and not the kitchen window, because I didn't want to lose the look.

    Trying to find a kitchen window was ridiculous. To my eye, everything they showed me looked like a bathroom window, so I finally decided to leave it alone. And since the house is 70 years old and made of block all replacements are custom sized. I kept one of those old steel casement windows that is not really in working order. But I replaced all the doors (French doors) and back door with the proper glass that the window is almost an interior window now with the porch work we did,

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh yes, windows are so important! A pretty window is just waiting to be admired.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yay! I can see how much light will be streaming in soon :)

    ReplyDelete

It makes me so happy to read your comments! Let me know you stopped by!
J'adore lire vos commentaires. N'hésitez pas à vous joindre à cette discussion multi-lingue.