Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Some Like It Hot

I know, I know, I had kind of promised a floor reveal, but I need to take pictures and I'm beyond tired tonight. I can barely keep my eyes open to see what I type (there might be even more typos than usual...).

Je sais, je sais, j'avais promis de montrer mon sol, mais là, après un weekend à essayer de dépoussiérer la maison, tout ça pour que les ouvriers refassent de la poussière ce matin, je suis juste trop épuisée pour prendre des photos (le ciel gris n'aide pas non plus).


We're having the coldest spring weather ever here in Brittany, so to keep my carpenter warm, we have a little coffee break every morning at 10 am ; that is if I'm not working. I set everything ready for him to have it on his own if I am.


C'est le printemps le plus froid depuis que j'habite en Bretagne et je réchauffe le menuisier avec une petite pause café tous les matins. Ce matin, c'était servi dans des tasses que je venais de dénicher dans un vide-grenier du week-end dernier. Remarquez le gris du ciel, relevé avec une pointe de gris...


Today I served it in cups I just bought last weekend in an "empty your attic" sale. You may have notice the sky is grey with a hint of grey.


I know the pictures aren't the best, but if you had seen the expression on the carpenter's face when I took picture of the tray... You would have hurried like I did before he phoned the people in white coats...

Now I have good news about the cottage. The drywalls in the kitchen and dining-room are beginning to be up and that means my boiler is back on its wall and working! Well working is a big word, there's still a little problem with the heating, but two words make my day: HOT + WATER.


Bon maintenant, des nouvelles de la rénovation. Le placo arrive et avec lui la possibilité de remettre la chaudière. Tout me ravit: son doux ronron, le bruit qu'elle fait en s'arrêtant, et même, je la trouve moins moche qu'avant. Rien de tel que l'absence pour vous faire comprendre combien un être vous est cher!!!


You might think a picture of an old boiler has no place on a decoration blog, but you'd be wrong because - a) it makes the owner of the said blog very, very happy and thus I hope my creativeness will return... It has been numbed by cold water lately...
b) it is located in the kitchen and I'll have to find a creative way to hide it (see how that's linked to a?)

Donc, si vous pensez que comme le veut le plombier, je suis en train de peindre le bout de mur derrière les radiateurs, pas du tout! Chut, ne lui dites pas, mais je prends un bain... chaud!

Now, I also got the TV back to work and I was devastated to see the pictures of the aftermath of the tornado. From the map on the stats of my blog I know that lots of my readers are from the States and I hope you are all well and safe:

See you soon,

A bientôt,

I'm sharing my coffee break with:

French Country Cottage            "OPEN HOUSE" BLOG PARTY  is posted on THURSDAY               The DedicatedHouse

19 comments:

  1. I had to lol at taking photos ( those cups and saucers are gorgeous ) before the contractor could have a cup of tea LOL
    Oklahoma is breaking my heart.............
    XOX

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful photos! i love your blue and white crockery. the look on the carpenter's face made me laugh :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post, Magali! I've liked a lot, the coffee break for your carpenter, that beautiful garden, your news about the work inside. Perfect!

    Hugs from Jerez

    ReplyDelete
  4. Comme je te comprends ! 3 semaines sans eau chaude, c'est terrible... mais 3 semaines sans eau du tout au rez-de-chaussée, c'est carrément la galère ! Bravo pour ce petit service so British, il est chou comme tout !

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so sweet to remember your carpenter this way. I once had a friend who very often had a glass of lemonade for the mail person on a hot summer day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now that's exciting progress! Hope you have a good weekend. Coffee looks wonderful - we are still having cold too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah bon , c'est ça , "Madame" prend un bain chaud & moi je ne sais toujours pas sur quoi tu marches dans ta maison !!! Coquine , c'est presque Hitchcockien ..............boooooooooh .
    Bises & au prochain épisode . Babette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mais, voyons, je marche sur la tête, c'est bien connu! Des révélations dans le prochain article, c'est promis!!!
      Magali

      Delete
  8. I love your new cups and saucers--blue and white is a favorite of mine! Also great news that the water heater is back up--hot water is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Is your workman French?? They aren't normally accustomed to stopping for coffee!
    Your china looks like the lovely old Spode design.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pretty China! I love the first photo.

    Very nice on the hot water! We had replace ours too. What a pain!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I bet your workmen love working for you! The coffee is served with such sweet flair!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not really sure they appreciated the china. The carpenter said "it looks old", not in a good way...

      Delete
  12. love the first pic. the blue windows, the yellow flowrrs in the bush, the tray and blue and white china make a good picture.

    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such pretty cups and how sweet of you to provide your carpenter with a hot cup of coffee every day! I'm sure he appreciates it, even if he does think you're crazy taking photos of it...:) It's amazing what blogging does to us! The things we take photos of! I'm sure you are thrilled to have hot water again as well....enjoy!

    Blessings, Vicky
    Life On Willie Mae Lane

    ReplyDelete
  14. 3 things that made me smile and/or laugh:

    1. Oh, how I love your blue and white dishes.
    2. I love the term "empty your attic" - boy does mine need it!
    3. People do look at us funny when we snap the odd picture for our blog.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely post, change takes time.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  16. Bonjour Magali,

    Lovely to discover your blog and meet you via Anita's party.
    Your little white cottage by the seaside is so beautiful and must be fun seeing it all come together. Also love the blue and white teacups - my first dinner set was a blue and white willow pattern.

    Happy weekend
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  17. You are just so sweet to make tea for the carpenter. I love that.
    Yay for hot water! I don't know have you lasted this long with out it. A hot shower is one of my favorite parts of my day.

    ReplyDelete

It makes me so happy to read your comments! Let me know you stopped by!
J'adore lire vos commentaires. N'hésitez pas à vous joindre à cette discussion multi-lingue.